Includes a low profile adjustable rear sight and high visibility fiber optic front sight. Also includes skeletonized hammer and trigger with adjustable over travel stop and ambidextrous safety. It's finished with a tough Cerakote coating and comes with battle ready G10 tactical grips.
True to all Rock Island 1911s, the Rock Ultra comes with a crisp, factory 4- to 6-pound trigger to give you a great experience right out of the box.
Picked up this 10mm as I've always wanted a 1911 in 10mm. Haven't shot it yet but first impressions are its nice for the price. Slide to frame fit is pretty tight, with only minimal slop horizontally. Barrel fit is good but not perfect. It shouldn't affect accuracy but the hood has a little lateral play at both corners. Lockup is good, tight, and even, however, along the rear of the hood. When in battery, there is no movement so I don't think the hood width will matter much. Barrel contact at the rear (out of battery) is fair. It's not even along the back of the round edge and the right side makes primary contact so far. I expect this will even out a bit after some range time, and thankfully the link is not carrying the load. Small parts fitment is good, and the frame is nicely finished. I don't love the serrations on the front strap, but I can live with them. The Cerakote is smooth and even, and feels nice in the hand. It feels a little thinner than I'd like but maybe that's the almost sandblasted finish instead of smooth or satin. Trigger pull out of the box was super crisp and broke like a snap. Unfortunately it broke at 6.5lbs, but fortunately very consistently. A quick detail strip found good surfaces on the sear and hammer, and proper mating geometry. The sear face and hammer hooks (which are darn close to square out of the box) are coated in whatever the black parkerizing or Cerakote or coating du jour is. The sear nose is a little long, and when I stone it (to clean the coating off) I'll adjust from .p20" to .040" of shim under the stone to account for that added length, rather than change the geometry. The hammer will just get stoned to clean the coating off. While I had the pistol stripped, I swapped out the mainspring housing for a magwell MSH. Easy swap and the internals fit perfectly. During reassembly I took the opportunity to lighten the sear spring to improve the trigger. After adjustment of the sear spring (to even out pressure on the disconnected and sear legs) upon reassembly trigger pull was a very consistent 3.5lb, crisp break with zero creep or slop. I could probably adjust a bit of take-up out of the trigger but really it's not bad as-is. Overtravel is adjusted out with the screw. All around very nice now after adjustment. Can't wait to get this pistol to the range and run its paces. The sights are nice and easy to acquire. Should be fun. I expect it to shoot well. Dummy round feed tests showed things to be good. Can't wait!
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.