Chambered in .45acp and outfitted with smooth wood grips and a parkerized finish, this is the 1911 Standard GI Series. Faithful to the original 1911 design, the Standard GI is equipped with a 5 inch barrel, fixed sights, and an 8 round magazine. Perfect for the first time shooter or collector.
Bought this piece over 2 yes ago, and have over 300 rounds thru it without a problem. My family loves to shoot it, even my twelve year old grandaughter. I carried a battered Colt in Viet Nam, that had no front sight, but it shot just fine when needed. The sights on a GI model were designed for close quarters fighting, not target shooting. There's and old saying that a handgun is what you reach for when you don't have a long gun. As far as I'm concerned this sweetheart will serve just fine when you call upon it. You don't have to spend more. I must confess however to splurging on rosewood grips.
Is this a good handgun for daily carry? I want an 1911 style affordable handgun in .45 to carry.>>> It's on the large size for concealed carry- you should look at a smaller version of the 1911. Search for this one- as an example: 4806015514169
I bought one of these here recently and really enjoy it! It is a beautiful gun, and a piece of history at that. I personally think an old GI style 1911 is cool. Comes with 1, 8 round mag. It is very stiff, so no problems there. Came with a nice hard plastic case. Ive only fired 50 rounds so far, I had 3 failures to eject, but the gun calls for a 500 round break in period so they really dont count anyway, and I noticed some grime in the action from the ammo, where the shell was getting stuck on( cheap, re-man ammo), so I blame the ammo, not the gun. It is comfortable to shoot and recoil is not bad at all. Comparable to my poly 9mm, the weight of this gun really tames the recoil. If your looking for a good GI style pistol to add to your collection/ or for carry, this is a good choice. Buy it, put good ammo through it, clean it, and enjoy!
I checked out the history of R.I.A. and found that it has made military issue 45s scenes the 1930s. I wanted a basic military issue and got one. I have only put 500 rounds through this fine wepon. No matter how fast I fire there was no malfunctions. That was using different ammo as well. Drop it, kick it just blow off the dust and use it. It is easy to clean, detailed instructions come in the box. I am very pleased with this military issue 45.
Over the course of a couple of years I have heard some bad things about these pistols. On the recommendation of two friends/owners I bought one. I have owned two Colt .45 ACP pistols in the past, this pistol is as good as either of those in functionality and quality. In the two years I have had this pistol I have fired approximately 2500-3000 rounds (some were +P rounds)through it with no problems. It functions flawlessly and is sufficiently accurate out to 50 yards, the furthest I have fired it. There are no tool marks visible in or on my pistol, I believe the quality to be as good as can be found anywhere. This pistol is my "go to" gun and constant companion.
Buy one you will love it ,it's the ak 47 in hand guns.
Shot this today for the first time 80 rounds. Very accurate. Impact was quick and painless will use them again.
I love the gun plan on buying a few more just because I like shooting and plan on one day teaching my family how to shoot
I Bought this pistol on SEPT.9 2001.I must have shot at least 2500 Rds. or better with out any problems at all. Its my opinion that Rock Island Armory makes a REALLY,REALLY GOOD 1911-A1 CAL.45 Pistol.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.