Pioneered by Heckler & Koch in the G36, HK416, and HK417; this method virtually eliminates malfunctions common to direct impingement gas systems since hot carbon fouling and waste gases do not enter the receiver area. The MR762A1 stays cleaner, reducing heat transfer to the bolt and bolt carrier, and drastically reducing wear and tear on other critical components. The service life of all parts is increased substantially.
The MR762A1 uses a barrel produced by Heckler & Koch’s famous cold hammer forging process. This manufacturing process uses the highest quality steel, producing a barrel that ensures superior accuracy, even after firing thousands of rounds. The MR762A1 is produced at Heckler & Koch’s American manufacturing facilities from both American and German-made components.
The MR762A1 uses many of the assemblies and accessories originally developed for the HK416/417 series including adjustable buttstocks, ergonomic pistol grips, mechanical sights, and either the HK Modular Rail System or the HK free-floating four-quadrant rail system/handguard.
These MIL-STD-1913 “Picatinny”type rail systems/handguards allows all current accessories, sights, lights, and aimers used on M4/M16-type weapons to be fitted to the MR series. The HK rail systems can be removed without special tools by the user and ensures 100% return to zero when reinstalled.
With both the HK Modular Rail System (MRS) and the Free Floating Rail System (FFRS), the barrel does not touch the handguard, ensuring the barrel/handguard relationship is truly free-floating for maximum accuracy. The MRS handguard was added in 2016 and has many of the features found on the FFRS but with a more ergonomic design. It uses an HK proprietary keyhole design to allow the attachment on Picatinny rail segments to the handguard for the installation of accessories.
Ambidextrous operating controls are standard on the MR762A1, including a convertible charging handle and an ambidextrous selector lever. The MR762A1 uses the same 10- and 20-round translucent polymer box magazines made for the HK417; a 5-round magazine is also under development. MR762A1 rifles are well-suited for a variety of applications including law enforcement tactical, police patrol, general sporting, and hunting (a 5-round magazine is under development).
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO
- Barrel Length : 16.5"
- Capacity : 20+1
- Trigger : Standard
- Safety : Lever
- OAL : 39.12"
- Weight : 9.9 lbs
- Stock Description : Adjustable Black
- Metal Finish : Black
After getting over the initial sticker shock, the H&K MR762 is one fantastic rifle. Unbelievably accurate for only having a 16" barrel, a joy to shoot, and a real pig-killing machine. Worth every penny
HK comes thru again. I don't buy many guns, but when I have a need, I try to find the best. This is the BEST 308 semi rifle- and I tried out many. I give it the highest rating- 6 stars.
perfect,peace of art.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.