Single action/double action. Heat treated scandium alloy frame, stainless PVD cylinder. Tritium night front sight, dovetailed. Fixed rear sight. Grips are made of two panels and are held together with a single hex-head screw with material covering the backstrap of the revolver to absorb more recoil. 2.75 inch barrel. Matte black finish. Holds six rounds of .410 2.5 inch shotshells, .45 ACP, or .45 Colt in any combination. Overall length is 8.5 inches.
The Smith & Wesson Governor revolver puts six rounds of customizable response under your control. Load with .410 2 1/2" shotshells, .45 ACP or .45 Colt - alone or in combination with the included moon clips - and hit your target in every situation. Each Governor is packaged with (2) 6 round and (3) 2 round moon clips for use with .45 ACP.
- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 410/45 Colt (LC)/45ACP
- Barrel Length : 2.8"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Tritium Night Front, Fixed Rear
- Weight : 29.6 oz
- Frame Description : Black
I got this gun after I made the mistake of buying a Taurus Judge that constantly jammed. The S&W Governor is really nice - exactly what you expect from an S&W revolver. Finish and tolerance are nice and it is really fun to shoot. If you're looking for a 45/.410 revolver, this is it. The front night sight is also really nice.
You must have this in your collection. Shoots 45 ACP like a dream. Long Colt 45 is right on target, just a bit smokey. The .410 shotshells are just plain fun to shoot! You want to hit something in front of you, The Governor will hit it!
This gun is perfect for home defense. It is very versatile being able to shoot three types of ammo. And because it's made by S&W it is the highest quality and best revolver you can get. Plus it is a lot of fun to shoot.
I have owned this gun for over a month. Way too much fun. Perfect home defense weapon every one should own.
The Governor is essentially a refined version of Taurus' Judge, with two tweaks---1. It will fire .45 ACP (using half moon clips) in addition to 2 1/2" .410 and .45 Long Colt and, 2. It has a 6 round cylinder compared to the Judge's 5 rounds. Weighing in at 29 ounces, it is a substantial piece. S&W utilizes their scandium alloy frame with the stainless steel barrel insert. S&W branded Hogue grips provide some cushion. This popular and successful platform has a place amongst choices in short range personal protection weapons. Specialized .410 defense rounds such as Winchester's Defender, are menacing to say the least; .45 LC is a old standby in the power department as well. S&W has brought their fit and finish to this platform (much nicer than Taurus), making it a more refined and desirable weapon in this category, albeit at a higher price. Mine has functioned flawlessly thus far. For those looking for a unique revolver that packs a decent punch, the Governor is worth a look.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.