Single action/double action. L-Medium frame. Exposed hammer. Six round capacity. Full lug barrel. .375 inch target hammer. .312 inch smooth target trigger. Red ramp front sight. Adjustable white outline rear sight. Hogue rubber/SB conversion grips. Stainless steel frame and cylinder. Satin finish.
- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length : 6.0"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Red Ramp Front, Adjustable White Outline Rear
- Weight : 44.9 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless
First off, let me say that Impact Guns is a great place to buy guns. They are very low key and friendly. I used the email notification service to let me know when the gun was in stock. I had a very good experience and will probably buy from them again. I just purchased this 6" Model 686 to replace the one that I sold over 25 years ago to finish my college education, so this gun has some sentimental value to me already. One thing I like about the .357 Mag is the ability to shoot .38 Special bullets. It has hardly any recoil and allows recoil adverse shooters to have a good time. My wife and boys (10 and 13yo) have no problem shooting this handgun, but needed a little practice pulling the hammer back. You can also load this handgun with very powerful loads to hunt large game with. However, I would not go much larger than white tail. We will be enjoying this handgun for years to come.
This is one of the largest revolvers I've ever shot over the years. Being a revolver, it's durable, reliable, and simple to operate. The long barrel offers a good sight picture, and I found this gun easy to adapt to and shoot accurately. The long barrel also contributes to the gun being heavier. That paired with the 357 Mag round (rather than 44 mag) makes it have a relatively low recoil and is quick to align for each follow-up shot. This is far too big for CCW, and may be too big for home defense for some people who would rather opt for a shorter barrel. I think it's a great gun for hunting, plinking or target shooting. You can't go wrong with Smith & Wesson.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.