- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length : 4.2"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Hogue Monogrip Black
- Sights : Ramp Front, Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 40 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless Steel
Best hand gun and impact guns did just what I wanted -- ordered the gun didn’t have any problems -- just how I like it -- so my opinion is impact guns did everything smooth and easy thanks impact!
Really like this frame. I have an LCR .38 Special for CCW and like it a lot for it's size, but I keep wishing I could *try* to fire .357 in it (but the $100 extra for it wasn't worth it...plus, even +P 38's in it are pretty snappy/abrupt). So I wanted to get a "good" heavy .357 and settled on this. After shooting .38 Specials (including +P) and even hot/heavy .357, I'm very happy with how well this revolver tames the recoil. I don't regret getting the 4" (over like a 5" or 6"). Dialed in the rear sight (it was shooting 2" high at 7-10 yards but extremely precise) and it was just rock solid. The only reason for 4 stars over 5, was because the black front sight really just isn't even remotely practical. They make it *easy* to swap out, but a red/white ramp default really should be included. I replaced it with HiViz lightwave front sight. Pretty happy with everything all-in-all.
I own an S&W 29, and a S&W .500 and two GP100. My gun of chose every time is the Ruger. Built to go generations with flawless operation right out of the box. Easy take down for cleaning and if you desire all aftermarket components are readily available and easy to install. Great gun for any amount. Don't buy another revolver until you look at a Ruger GP100.
Well, I have never been a "revolver guy", but I ended up buying one of these. I have fallen in love with it. VERY accurate and fun to shoot. I don't think you could find a better built or better value six gun for the money. This is a favorite to take to the range, and everyone that shoots it enjoys the experience. Heavy enough to tame recoil with 357 rounds, but comfortable to hold and points naturally. A real winner in my book.
I have had my GP 100 for about 3 months now and very happy with the ruggedness and well built frame . To me it is a much better built hand gun than any S&W .
I loved my Ruger Security-Six when I got it back in 1976. Then I got a 4" GP-100. The Security-Six is now retired in the safe. IMHO, this is the ultimate 4" .357 Magnum revolver. It feels good in my hand, points naturally, and is plenty accurate right out of the box. The only way this gun could be better is if Ruger figured out a way to put an LCR trigger system in it. Now THAT would be something!
But it certainly gives a smith a run for the money! If you take good care of it, the investment holds it's value over time. In other words If one day you decide to sell it, You ought to get at least the same dollar amount that you paid for it. field stripping is easy, their are many aftermarket grips and sights available, I put CTC laser grips on mine along with fiber optic front sights. This revolver is the ultimate man stopper and my family can rest easy at night knowing it's at arm's reach, in my nightstand.
I purchased this 357 several weeks ago and can say it is the best ever...Perfectly balanced, easy to shoot, very accurate right out of the box..and the grips are very comfortable, the recoil is minimal due to the heavy barrel and just a fun revolver to shoot...my next purchase will also be a Ruger
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.