This 16” version of the venerable M1A can be an effective close quarters battle rifle or just a great “ranch gun.” This rifle has the minimum length barrel for a rifle under federal law. It has a proprietary muzzle brake, tritium front sight and a forward-mounted scope base that is ideal for electronic sights or other accessories.
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO
- Barrel Length : 16.3"
- Capacity : 10+1
- Trigger : Two Stage
- Safety : Garand
- OAL : 37.25"
- Weight : 8.8 lbs
- Stock Description : Synthetic Black
- Metal Finish : Black
Fantastic rifle. There is hardly any recoil because of the muzzle break. Very smooth, easy to reacquire target
Has one heck of a kick, but supprizingly easy to keep on your target. Tons of knockdown power as many other owners have quoted. Extremely well made and reliable!
Great combination of power and size. Very good for mid range and long range and very accurate and reliable!!! I love it!
I have fired the m-16, m-60, saw, and m-14. I loved the m-14 (we used it as our sniper rifle) but it was to big for close in urban combat. The m1a socom 16 is far better! This beats the m-16 in almost every way! The knock down power of the 7.62 round is well known. Combine that with it's range and with the compact size of the socom and it's unbeatable! Why the U.S. Military doesn't go to this as it's main combat weapon is surprising.
what an excellent weapon! i bought my socom 16 back in feb during the great gun ban scare of 2013. i paid a little more than i wanted to but knew i had to have this weapon in case a ban did happen,and because i carried his big brother when i was in the military. subMOA shots right outta the box!it was an instant attention grabber at the range as it is a throaty b*stard!(meaning load)it is however very easy to control and comparable recoil to any 7.62X51 weapon.my only complaint anout this weapon is the front sight post is a little fat for my taste but is still better than most ironsights.when i mounted my aimpoint t1 on it,it was a marriage made in heaven. having just took this weapon through a 4 day carbine course,its round count is at least 7000 rds with not one hiccup.proper maintenance and ammo does help achieve this flawless operation too. all i can say is get it!you wont regret it!
I use mine with a trijicon sight (non - magnified) barrel rail mount. It is dead on a 6" bullseye @ 100 yards off hand! (Factory ammo.) "If you want to take my gun, you'll have to wait 'till I run out of ammo."
This rifle has caused me to sell my AR's. This rig will be the scourge of the porcine world. Sub-MOA with iron sights. I can hear my Aimpoint screaming for an introduction.
I took this rifle to the range several days ago. I have never shot this type of rifle before. Out of the box I was able to put 40 out of 40 hits on the 14"x18" target at 100yds with iron sights. Once I got it sighted in, I put 12 rounds in the 9 ring and 5 in the bulls-eye with iron sights. Although this rifle is very expensive it is well worth the money and I would highly recommend it.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.