are hot-rodded with may custom features including a polished feed ramp,
lowered ejection port, ambidextrous safety, beavertail memory pad grip
safety, custom grip panels and ventilated trigger.
Mfg Item Num: 1191101B1
Caliber :45 ACP
Barrel Length :5"
Capacity :8 + 1
Grips :Checkered Black
Weight :32 oz
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 45 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP)
- Barrel Length : 5.0"
- Capacity : 8+1
- Safety : Manual
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Novak
- Weight : 39.4 oz
- Frame Finish : Blued
I purchased this gun about 7 years ago and have roughly 3,000-4,000 rounds though it. It has treated me very well but with this being a budget 1911 you will have some things that need to be fiddled with to make it reliable. The Novak sights were almost impossible to stake correctly. Taurus didn?t secure mine properly. I had to loctite and epoxy them carefully to keep them from moving. The grip screws have backed out and let the grips fall off. Again loctite fixed that problem. At just about the 3,000 round mark the extractor sheared off and rendered the gun useless. I attempted to put a Wilson combat replacement in it but something about the Taurus didn?t like it. Fortunately Taurus has a lifetime warranty so I sent it to them and within 5-6 weeks I got it back in perfect working condition 100% free of charge! I?ve since shot it about 500 rounds worth with absolutely 0 failures. For a budget friendly 1911 I?d be hard pressed to say there was a better option. If you don?t have $1,000 bucks to spend on a good 1911 I?d say this is the one for you. Overall I?m very impressed! The only reason I?m giving it 4/5 stars is because there is only ONE holster you can buy for it. Taurus moved the rail down slightly rendering all other railed 1911 holsters too small. I?d like to see Taurus give us more options on holsters but overall worth every penny I spent on it!!!
Bought this gun in May 2013 I've only put 200 rounds through it. This is a great 1911 for the price, has a Taurus hammer lock, very easy to modify. I had an issue with the magazines when I installed a Wilson's Combat flared magwell. My local gunsmith solved the issue by shaving down the excess plastic which does not damage the reliability of the mags. This is a very accurate pistol. I can put all 8 under a half dollar, firing one handed from 50 feet. Taurus sells a holster through IMI that is specific for this gun. Other hard plastic holsters I tried did not work with the picatinny rail, which is lower on the frame than competitors 1911's. For the price this is one of the best budget 1911's I've used.
I bought this gun just about 3 months ago and haven't had one single machanical problem. No jams, misfires, parts broken, double feeds, you name it this gun is flawless. Part from one... Taruas made the gun with slightly thicker metal. All the holsters that were said to have fit didn't. I had to get a universal fit by uncle mikes and it's still really tight. I have put close to 2000 rounds through this gun. Cleaning after every 500 or so.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.