The CW380 pistol has a 2.58 inch barrel, an overall length of 4.96 inches and a height of just 3.9 inches. It weighs just 10.2 ounces without a magazine. The pistol has a black polymer frame and features 4140 steel inserts molded into the front and back of the frame for added rigidity. It has a machined, solid 416 matte stainless steel slide and a textured polymer grip.
The Kahr CW380 features a lock breech, modified Browning type recoil lug, and utilizes Kahr's seven patents including the "safe cam" action found in all Kahr pistols. The result is a micro-compact pistol with very little recoil and quick follow-up shots. The pistol features drift adjustable white bar-dot combat rear sight and pinned-in polymer front sight.
Differences between the Kahr CW380 and Kahr P380 models include: the CW series has a conventional rifled barrel instead of the match grade polygonal barrel found on P models; the CW slide stop lever is MIM (metal-injection-molded) instead of machined; the CW series slide has fewer machining operations, and uses simple roll marking instead of engraved markings; the P380 comes with two magazines, but the CW series comes with one 6 rd steel magazine with flush baseplate. Lastly, the slide locks back after firing the last round - another feature missing on a number of other value-priced compact semi-auto pistols. The durability and reliability of the CW380 model makes it a strong consideration as a backup gun for law enforcement.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Double
- Caliber : 380 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP)
- Barrel Length : 3.6"
- Capacity : 6+1
- Safety : No Manual
- Grips : Black Polymer
- Sights : Fixed
- Weight : 16 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
This little gun ran like a top with most premium American-made ammo, but gagged with budget stuff, much of it foreign. A little research yielded the culprit, a tiny transfer rod in the extractor assembly was too long to let the extractor slip over the thicker case heads of cheap ammo. I carefully followed detail stripping instructions and filed that rod down. Upon reassembly, it runs with all domestic ammo, gagging only at the super-cheap foreign rounds that are wildly out of spec. Yeah, it was a lot of bother, but this gun is flatter, shorter and lighter than anything else, but it is accurate and not at all uncomfortable to shoot. To me, it’s the perfect pocket gun.
The CW380 is a very well made gun, accurate to shoot and relatively soft in the recoil department. Plus it's one of the smallest, lightest .380's out there. It would be the perfect concealed carry pistol except for one thing: it is very sensitive to different types of ammunition. My gun works great with Hornady Critical Defense or Corbon Pow'RBalls. I've heard Federal American Eagle is good for target practice but it's not widely available where I live. And just about everything else is a crapshoot. The gun hates hollow points, unless they are plastic tipped, like the Hornadys and Pow'RBalls. And it doesn't like inexpensive target ammunition either. Using the usual range ammo, I get multiple failures of ever kind and nature. But if I stick with high quality round nose bullets, which are hard to find, or hollow points with polymer tips, which are expensive, the gun runs great.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.