Technology of the future:
nDLC finish for barrel and slide - Glock's nDLC provides tougher, more durable potection than previously used finishes. The nDLC finish is exclusive to the Glock manufacturing process. The nDLC finish increases protection against corrosion and scratching and improves the ability of the pistol to function in degreased or adverse conditions. The nDLC finish will be exclusive to Gen5 pistols at this time.
Glock Marksman Barrel - The Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB) features new barrel rifling which delivers improved accuracy.
Removal of the finger grooves on the grip - Removing the finger grooves improves the ergonomics of the grip. The absence of finger grooves improves the ability of the pistol to deliver a consistently comfortable grip to a wider range of customers, regardless of their finger size and whether or not gloves are worn.
Ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever: The ambidextrous slide stop lever makes it easier for gun owners to quickly, safely and comfortably manipulate the slide whether they are left-handed or right-handed.
Flared mag-well - The larger opening of the flared mag-well makes it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well, particularly in high-stress situations where fractions of seconds matter.
Glock's Safe Action System makes the handgun ready for use at any time.
Three automatic independently operating mechanical safeties are built into the fire control system of the pistol and are operated by the trigger.
The safeties protect against inadvertent firing when the pistol is dropped or receives any other abnormal shocks.
Glock Gen5 Magazine: The new Glock Gen5 magazine comes with an orange follower and a floor plate which is extended at the front for faster magazine change.
The Glock Gen5 models also feature some of the proven Gen4 advantages, such as:
Modular backstrap and beavertail system: Every Glock Gen4 and Gen5 model comes with backstraps in two sizes, each one with or without beaver tail. The multiple backstrap frame allows the users to change the circumference of the grip to fit their individual hand size.
Enlarged reversible magazine catch: The magazine catch of the Gen4 and Gen5 frames is reversible and enlarged towards the rear of the pistol. The reversible magazine catch is more user friendly to the shooter's reach and allows them to switch the catch to the left or right side of the pistol.
RTF Rough textured frame surface: The Gen4 and Gen5 have a rough textured frame (Gen4 RTF) surface designed to enhance grip traction, without being too aggresive. It is present on the frame as well as on the interchangeable backstraps.
Capacity: 17 rd
Barrel profile: Right hand twist, hexagonal (GMB)
Barrel length: 4.49"
Length of twist: 9.84"
Weight (without magazine): 22.26 oz
Weight (empty magazine): 3.00 oz
Weight (loaded magazine): 9.88 oz
Trigger travel: 0.49"
Trigger pull: 26N
Length (overall): 7.95"
Slide length: 7.32"
Width (overall): 1.34"
Slide width: 1.00"
Height (Incl. magazine): 6.14"
Sight radius (polymer): 6.46"
Sight radius (steel): 6.42"
Sight radius (GNS): 6.83"
Trigger distance: 2.76"
Barrel distance: 0. 79"
Same Glock different look
Same Glock with the 1st & 2nd gen. grip but you can add back straps like the gen 4. Oh they made a ambidextrous slide catch & supposedly have a better barrel except the pistol still weighs the same. If it weighed as much as aSIG 320 it would be more accurate. Most people don't understand that the lighter a pistol is the more inaccurate it shoots. Still over priced piece of plastic. I have a Gen. 4 Glock 17 & it doesn't hold a candle to my Beretta 92 FS or a SIG 226 & Glock wonders why they didn't get the contract for the military's new sidearm.
I actually shot one and then bought one
I went to the free 'try one out day' at Impact Guns in Ogden. The fit ini my hand is much better then older model glocks- so it shot real well for me- so I bought one. Now that I have read more about it- I'm happy that I did. Some decent improvements IMO.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.