|Caliber-Gauge||.357 S&W MAG, 38 special.|
A great buy on a great revolver. Smooth D/A trigger pull, and a perfect S/A trigger. Weighs only 22 oz. unloaded. I could have wished that Taurus made this revolver with a 3" barrel, but that's really a minor point of personal preference. This gun will fit into any "J" frame compatible holster. DeSantis makes an excellent one. Highly recommended.
Excellent trigger in single action. Double action was a little stiff and heavy initially but has become better with use. Sights are basic but acceptable. I did make my front sight more visible with some optics paint. Accuracy is average for a snub nose revolver with a 2 inch barrel. This is a very powerful piece when loaded with .357 mag and kicks like a mule. Fortunately I reload and can power down and customize loads for practice and range use vs. more powerful rounds for carry and protection. Overall I'm very happy with this weapon. Lots of firepower in a small, concealable and affordably priced revolver.
I have owned the 605 for over 6 months now and it has been my daily carry weapon every day since deeming it a reliable weapon. I will begin by saying it has preformed well with all loads I have used in it, including full house .357 magnum 158 grain loads. The weapons trigger pull is good to excellent out of the box which I found to be smoother than many S&W revolvers. The trigger gets even better after extensive dry fire training and shooting. the sights are built into the frame and can be difficult to see compared to three dot sights on most semi-auto pistols. They are antiquate for a ccw. snub nose pistols are some of the best and most concealable weapon systems you can own and this Taurus 605 is no exception. Built like a tank this pistol will faithfully serve you every day and if you find yourself in a deadly force encounter this pistol will see you through as long as you, the operator do your part.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.