Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556's carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length : 16.1"
- Capacity : 30+1
- Trigger : Standard
- Safety : Manual
- OAL : 32.25"-35.5"
- Weight : 6.5 lbs
- Stock Description : 6-Position Black
- Metal Finish : Black
I just purchased mine and have seen ZERO problems with it! Out of the box it was accurate and ready to go! I've fired around 500 rounds of 5.56 through it with no jams or issues. Its every bit as good as my friends' top of the line AR rifles. I Just added a quad-rail and you can no longer tell it is in anyway an entry level rifle. Looks great, and shoots great! AWESOME GUN!!!!
Worth more than the sticker price. This is a solid product. Hats off to Ruger. I'm in love with mine.
When is this item will be available? It is cost effective for hunting and target shooting.>>> REPLY: Ruger is increasing production but there are many people waiting at the door each morning to get one. We do not know when they will be readily available- but soon we hope.
Was looking for my first AR15 and overwhelmed with all of the choices out there. DPMS, S&W, PSA, ATI, etc. in the entry level price range. Should I spend more?? This question I kept asking myself. Stumbled onto the Ruger AR-556 and was impressed with the features including the forward assist and dust cover for the same money as the M&P Sport. After some consideration I purchased the Ruger. I'm super happy with it! The build quality and performance are superb. It's very accurate and now after nearly 1000 rounds through it (both 5.56 & .223) with no malfunctions or issues whatsoever, I'm still very happy and would recommend this gun to anyone looking for an inexpensive AR and no need to spend more!
Did everything I expected and then some! Well worth the money!
Super impressed by the reliability of this weapon. I have built 25+ ARs, some with pistons. Accuracy is not bad either, best group has been .4" w/ 77gr SMKs and .9" with (ZQI/MKE) 62gr FMJs. No malfunctions with 1200 rounds so far.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.