Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556's carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length : 16.1"
- Capacity : 30+1
- Trigger : Standard
- Safety : Manual
- OAL : 32.25"-35.5"
- Weight : 6.5 lbs
- Stock Description : 6-Position Black
- Metal Finish : Black
I own this model and the Ruger MPR (multiple purpose rifle) bought are great guns, however, for the extra $100 you spend to get the MPR is WAY WORTH IT. Compare bought rifles and just for the upgraded Ruger 452 trigger in the MPR is over $100 on top of all the other upgrades on the MPR. If you buy this and add the upgrades of the Ruger MPR to this gun it will cost over $500. Like I had stated this is a great AR with all of my upgrades, however if I had known about the MPR I would not have ordered this, its crazy of how much up an UPGRADE you get with the Ruger MPR!!
i bought mine for fathers day back in June. i have taken it out shooting since then here in Utah. Absolute flawless weapon system, excellent quality, well built and easy to handle-shoot-clean. No issues with any malfunctions and a very accurate weapon system.
love this Ruger flat top 5.56 m4 AR works real good and don't cost that much and it well made,
I bought my Ruger ar-556 AR15 from impactguns Boise Idaho location. First of all the staff there is outstanding very very helpful,knowledgeable and just flat-out awesome people.!. I've had my Ruger now for about four months and I've put about a thousand rounds through it and mostly cheap ammo! perFecta,American Eagle and Some TulAmmo. Not one malfunction whatsoever! Out of the box awesome weapon! And you can't beat the price. The only thing I'm going to upgrade is going to be the trigger. The trigger is a bit gritty and inconsistent But that is to be Expected with a entry level AR. Other than that I would highly recommend it. Great job Ruger!!
I was torn between an AR556 or a SR556. Saved money and got the AR556. What a great weapon. When I get my tax return I plan to buy 4 more for everyone in the family. Great gun and priced right. I've run 420 rounds through it with one failure to eject. That's it. Accuracy is very good and I'd rank it almost as good as my SR762. But that isn't fair because I feel the 7.62 to be THE round for an AR. 9 of 10 for me.
After shooting several hundred rounds thought it I couldn't ask for more. Several other people have shot it and are surprised at how well it feels and shoots. I had some problems with factory reloads, after that not one issue. Even steel ammo runs great.
Impact guns has amazing service and super fast shipping. It was an amazing experience from the customer's point of view. Thanks impact guns!
I purchased my Ruger 5.56 about 6 months ago and have fired over 700 rounds without a stoppage or malfunction. I would highly recommend this weapon to anyone looking for a dependable and accurate weapon on a budget. I was shooting respectable groupings at 100 yards using the factory sights.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.