- Category : Rifles Centerfire Tactical
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length : 20"
- Capacity : 30+1
- Trigger : Single-Stage
- Safety : Manual
- OAL : 39.5"
- Weight : 7.7 lbs
- Stock Description : A2 Black
- Metal Finish : Black
The one rifle every man should own. Having shot an original AR15 "preban" SP1, I never understood the fixation with the 16" length carbines. The 20" is a man's rifle. No one will be shooting a carbine length AR15 in an urban environment anytime soon, thus foregoing any advantage a 16" barrel generates. Do yourself a favor, buy a Colt AR15A4. It has less recoil, it has better accuracy, it handles better, it has better distance, and the 5.56 bullet was designed to be fired from an AR15 with a 20" length barrel. Colt is making some terrific firearms right now and their customer service is second to none. My only complaint is why they took so long to start making the ultimate rifle again? The fact that it's always sold out since its revival 4 years ago should speak volumes. Two thumbs up! While I will concede and admit my 16" carbines have their place, this is a far superior firearm and should be the AR15 style firearm everyone owns first. Thanks for reading this and enjoy your purchase! Keep feeding them, people.
Since there has not been a whole lot of information put out about this firearm, I thought I would give my insight about it. First, I was very excited when I learned that a company such as Colt (and FN as well) were to release a full length rifle again. My impressions of this rifle are that it has a good fit - the parts are really nice and tight with little play. But I have been a bit perplexed as to why there seemed to be some small dings on the finish on some Colt ARs as I had also seen on this one (but it is a gun and meant to be used). It is obviously as a Colt is fully mil-spec and I think it is among the best rifles for the money. It has a 1/7 twist Barrel that is chrome-lined, MP/HP tested barrel and bolt, has the full-auto M-16 bolt carrier (no full auto trigger seer of course)and even has been outfitted with m-4 feed ramps to aid in even more reliable feeding of ammunition from the magazine to the chamber. It is accurate - I seemed to get about 1 in. at 100yrds. It has the removable carry handle which I like so it can be kept standard or upgraded easily. It is a very nice high quality rifle and if you are looking for a full length AR-15 that is as close to the military's M-16A4 as possible then this rifle is the one for you.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.