Micro-compact 9mm pistol made entirely in the USA. Features a ZERO-Energy striker firing system with a mechanical firing pin block and steel magazine catch to secure a sheet metal magazine. Windage-adjustable sights. Steel trigger with dual connecting bars allows for a crisp, smooth, trigger pull. FEA (Finite Element Analysis) designed slide and barrel results in durability with less felt recoil and the absence of removable pins or tools makes field stripping easier. Slide, barrel and internal parts are coated to resist corrosion. Notice: Due to potential cyclical problems involving recoil energy, Diamondback Firearms does not recommend the use of any 9mm SAMMI Specification ammunition in bullet weights exceeding 124 grain. The use of +P, +P+, reloaded, or NON-SAMMI Spec ammunition will void the firearms warranty.
The DB9 features dual connecting bars which allow for a five-pound DAO trigger pull that is smooth, crisp, and safe. A FEA (Finite Element Analysis) developed slide and barrel are stronger than competing models, ensuring strength and durability with less felt recoil.
The slide, barrel and internal parts of the DB9 are coated, providing resistance to rust and corrosion, making this pistol easy to maintain.
Field stripping the DB9 is easier than ever. Having no removable pins or requiring tools, the DB9 benefits the shooter with an easy to maintain design.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Double
- Caliber : 9mm
- Barrel Length : 3.0"
- Capacity : 6+1
- Safety : Firing Pin
- Grips : Integral
- Sights : Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 11 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
Impressive DB9 - Diamondback
Purchased my gun new over 2 months ago and absolutely love it! I've shot over 700 rounds of FMJ and hollow points through it without one jam or FTF. It's almost the same size of a Kel-Tec .380 and fits nicely in the front pocket. The gun is very accurate for its' class. The kick is manageable for an experienced shooter. I would NOT recommend this for a first handgun, as it requires a snappy move to chamber a round and it is sensitive to a limp wrist or loose grip from as experienced by newer females that shot it (no sexist stuff intended here). I find that I always leave home with it - unlike my 1911 that I was only carrying 60% of the time due to bulk.
The S&W J-frame of Semi-automatics
I too found the trigger to "pinch" my finger tip at first. After breaking it and my finger in, it no longer happens. This is the smallest, lightest and most easily concealed 9mm I have found. I have found with Remington 115gr JHP ammunition it works flawlessly and shoots well. The harsh recoil of an very light, short pistol firing a full powered 9x19 is unavoidable. The only criticism I have is the lack of a slide lock. I like to train with a laser cartridge. The only way to safely put it in the DB9 is to field strip the pistol, insert it and put the pistol back together. Besides that, I love the little gun. It's the S&W J-frame of semi-automatics.
Functioned almost perfectly
I've put 50 rounds through my new DB9 and it worked really well, even though I'm still in the break-in period. Out of 50 shots (of the cheapest Federal ammo I could find at 115 grain), I had only one stovepipe. My Beretta 92 did the same at first. So, I have no concerns about it and I trust the gun, especially with better ammo. It's a bit snappy because it is so lightweight. That's a tradeoff with any small CC-sized 9mm. The only real downside is that my trigger finger developed a blister where it was touching the very tip of the trigger. It felt like my finger was rubbing against the trigger guard as the muzzle flipped up (or possibly getting pinched) as I released the trigger. This, however, is likely unique to my finger shape and size and how I hold the gun. The gun is otherwise comfortable in the hand. It is surprisingly small and thin. I held a Ruger LCP (.380) up next to it and it was almost the same size. The DB9 handle is a tad longer which made it easier to hold. I like it. I'm glad I bought it. If they ever make a 9mm single-stack Glock, I'll probably buy one. Until then, I'm keeping my DB9.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.