Pre-tensioned striker system action. Features include short takeup trigger with positive reset; recoil-reducing barrel cam, low mass slide, low center of gravity and low bore axis; +P tested. Includes genuine Novak LoMount 3-dot sights, ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release. Modular wrap-around grip system for adjusting palm swell and trigger reach. One-piece, high performance glass filled nylon grip frame. Stainless steel barrel. Stainless steel slide with black Nitride finish. Mil-Std-1913 picatinny rail. Two Nickel-Teflon plated steel magazines. Recessed lanyard attachment point. Internal, automatic sear block system safety; integrated trigger safety; no trigger pull required for takedown.
Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the Ruger American Pistol is built to perform in the harshest conditions. A true American innovation, this pistol was developed through a rigorous “Voice of the Customer” process - where numerous law enforcement and military trainers, firearms experts, distributors and retailers provided input, feedback and testing in the determination of the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol is a revolutionary platform for Ruger, one that utilizes the combination of a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which is designed to better spread recoil energy over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide an unparalleled shooting experience.
FRAME: One-Piece, High-Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
GRIP: Ergonomic Wrap-Around Grip Module
GRIP MODULES: Small, Medium, Large
SIGHTS: Novak® LoMount Carry 3-Dot
BARREL: Stainless Steel
BARREL LENGTH: 4.2"
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.5"
WEIGHT 30 oz.
TRIGGER: Short Takeup with Positive Reset
CHASSIS: Rigid, One-Piece, Precision-Machined, Black Nitrided, Stainless Steel Chassis with Integral Frame Rails and Fire Control Housing
ACTION: Pre-Tensioned Striker System
ACCESSORY RAIL: MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail
TAKEDOWN: Safe, Easy Field Stripping with No Tools Required
CONTROLS: Ambidextrous Slide Stop and Magazine Release
SLIDE: Precision-Machined, Black Nitrided Stainless Steel
MAGAZINES:Nickel-Teflon® Plated Steel (2 Included)
RETENTION AID: Recessed Lanyard Attachment Point
TEXTURING: Non-Slip, Purpose-Oriented
- Internal, Automatic Sear Block System
- Integrated Trigger Safety
- No Trigger Pull Required for Takedown
I read some reviews before buying this gun and everyone said it was good but they didnt like the trigger pull or the back of the frame base. I have to say the trigger is awesome. This gun shoots like a dream right out of the box. I was shooting faster than ever and more accurate than even at 10 yards. Ruger got this one right. I would recommend this pistol to anyone.
I really love the ergonomics of the gun and all the features that come with the gun. It feels good in the hand, it feels like a tank and shoots well. I love the ambi-features on it and I'm very glad they got rid of the loaded chamber indicator. I would suggest everyone to get used to the trigger on it though before bashing it. It took me a while to get used to the trigger and now that I trained myself on the trigger it actually is pretty decent trigger. Would suggest maybe getting rid of the positive reset and just leave the reset the way the SR9's were. Other then that the trigger is smooth and the nickel teflon coating on all the internals make for a great gun that is very unlikely to malfunction in normal conditions. only shot about 200 rounds but no malfunctions as of yet.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.