FNX-9 Features SLIDE
- All stainless steel construction
- External extractor with loaded chamber indicator
- Front and rear cocking serrations
- Newly designed fixed three-dot combat sights with Deep-V rear notch for greater accuracy
- Hammer-forged stainless steel
- Polished chamber and feed ramp
- 4" barrel on all FNX models
- Rugged polymer construction with replaceable steel frame/slide rails
- Two interchangeable backstrap inserts with lanyard eyelets
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory mounting rail
- Serrated trigger guard
- Fully-ambidextrous decocking/safety levers, slide stop levers and magazine release button
- Ring-style external hammer
- Stainless steel magazine body
- Low-friction follower
- Polymer basepad
- Round indicator
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 9mm
- Barrel Length : 4.0"
- Capacity : 17+1
- Safety : Manual
- Grips : Integral
- Sights : 3-Dot Fixed
- Weight : 21.9 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
By and large this is an excellent choice for a full-size sidearm that won't break the bank. The aggressive look, comfortable grip, overall weight, and trigger weight are all excellent. This thing is a doll on the range, and after the initial "getting to know you" period I've found it to be quite accurate. It's a little on the light side for off-hand shooting but that's subjective and your mileage may vary. The mag springs are quite a bit stiffer out of the box than I'm used to, but each spring relaxed a bit after a few hundred rounds and now they're comfortable for me (the wife still doesn't like loading the last 2-3 rounds.) I've got several thousand rounds through this bad boy and it has become my EDC, the dings and wear only add to its character and aside from an occasional rattle in the magazine which is fixed by re-seating the magazine (Note: this rattle has NOT resulted in feeding issues, it's just annoying to listen to the mag rattle when you're walking.) As the previous review stated, this weapon does not tolerate limp-wristed shooting of any kind. My wife, who is an excellent square-range shooter does not manage the FNX well at all. This is the only pistol she has ever struggled with but she can usually only get a full mag down range before she starts to tire and ends up FTF/FTE every second or third round after that. Mind you, this is a problem with the shooter NOT the firearm, but it's something to bear in mind when shopping for a weapon that will be used by multiple people. I think this is largely due to the weight and the grip being a little wide/deep for her hands even with the shorter back strap installed. On the back strap note; I have slightly larger than average hands. and can comfortably use both back strap sizes. However the placement, size, and toggle direction of the safety lever is my only substantial gripe. I have a very high-and-tight grip when it comes to pistol shooting and when using the smaller back strap I have, on occasion, toggled the safety "ON" mid-magazine. This is an issue that makes me very worried about accidentally toggling the safety on if I have to deploy the weapon in self defense. Safe to assume that if I bump the toggle on the range, I am likely to do it under duress... I haven't yet found an aftermarket safe/decock lever, but I suspect a shorter/smaller lever would remedy this problem.
I bought this pistol back in April and have put about 2500 rounds of ammo through it with no problems besides when my girlfriend will limp wrist the gun. The gun will shoot just about every brand of ammo but I've found that it does exceptionally well with federal premium or American eagle 115 gr or 124 gr. it is a great gun all around either for home defense, competition, plinking, or even CCW use it is very accurate when using good quality ammo I chose this pistol over the Glock 19 and the Sig Sauer SP2022 for the reason that it has a manual safety which I find brings a added level of safety with new shooters or when carrying. my only complaints are that more craftsmanship could have gone into the gun for the price that it is listed at and that parts are hard to get a hold of but pros its a great reliable firearm with an amazing trigger for the price and it is incredibly simple to field strip and maintain I absolutely love this pistol and intend on keeping it my collection for many years to come.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.