1911-22A1 GOVERNMENT .22 Long Rifle 4.25" Barrel, Blue Finish, Fixed Sights, 10 Round
Get your hands on 85% of the Greatest pistol in history.
John M. Browning developed the Model 1911 to fire the powerful 45 ACP cartridge. We developed it to fire the 22 L.R. and, after extensive testing and research, determined that 85% of the original size was ideal for the smaller cartridge. Put one in your hands and we know that you’ll agree. The grip is comfortable even in large hands and feels equally at home in smaller ones. The lightweight alloy construction is anything but light duty. Own a little piece of history today.
Frame - Alloy • Matte blued finish
Slide - Machined aluminum • Matte blued finish
Barrel - Stainless steel barrel block • Matte blued finish • Target Crown
Action - Blowback • Single-action trigger
Grips - Brown composite
Features - Fixed sights • Detachable 10-round magazine • Manual thumb safety • Grip safety
You will find a familiar friend in the 1911-22 pistol. All controls operate just as those on the original John M. Browning-designed Model 1911.
The straight blowback design offers enhanced simplicity and reliability.
Machined from aircraft-grade aluminum to exacting tolerances.
Vertical serrations provide an improved cocking grip. The convenient manual slide release is easily operated with the shooting or support hand.
Large manual thumb safety and grip safety.
The steel magazine body is heattreated for long-term feeding reliability and long life. Our coil spring provides a consistent follower angle. 10-round capacity.
Positioned adjacent to the trigger guard for convenient operation.
In 2011 the 1911-22 was selected as Field & Stream magazine's Best Handgun of the year. An overview, provided by Field & Stream is below.
Best New Handgun: Browning 1911-22 A1 -- In the early 1900s jungle warfare in the Philippines exposed the inadequacies of the .38 revolver and sent the U.S. Army on a search for an official large-caliber semiautomatic service sidearm. After a famed government test in 1910 when it fired 6,000 rounds in two days without a malfunction, the single test gun being dunked in a water bucket when it overheated, John Moses Browning’s “Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911” became that sidearm.
Now, in honor of the 100th anniversary of a great firearm, Browning has come out with a new scaled-down version in .22 Long Rifle, the 1911-22 A1. We used Remington 40-grain .22 Target rounds to test-fire the gun, albeit somewhat less than 6,000 times in a row. The best performance was a 21⁄2-inch five-shot group fired from a rest at 25 yards. Though it has a heavy factory trigger, for plinking or for teaching a kid to shoot, the 1911-22 A1 has a lot of potential. -T.M.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 22 Long Rifle
- Barrel Length : 4.3"
- Capacity : 10+1
- Safety : Manual Thumb/Grip
- Grips : Brown Composite
- Sights : Fixed
- Weight : 15.5 oz
- Frame Finish : Blued
Bought this dandy little weapon last Sunday, Monday fired 200 rounds Winchester hollow points, never missed a fire. It is very accurate, and so cheap and fun to shoot. Very concealable, Browning has done it again
so what to say its a great little gun very small so accuracy is naturally decreased compared to the ruger mkiii it is exxxxtreeeemly light weight almost funny on how light it is ud have to hold ontovit tight or ud loose it in the wind.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.