Burris invented and perfected Scout Scopes, so it’s no wonder they set the standard for optical excellence, durability and low mounting capabilities. High quality glass and index-matched multi-coatings keep Burris on the leading edge of Scout Scope technology.
Heavy Plex reticle for super fast targeting:
^Perfect eye relief on a Scout Rifle
Ideal for the new generation of scout rifles. Low, fixed 2.75 power is perfect for the 'keep it simple' demands of the Scout Rifle concept:
"A forward-mounted telescopic sight of low magnification, typically 2-3 diameters. This preserves the shooter's peripheral vision, keeps the ejection port open to allow the use of stripper clips to reload the rifle, and eliminates any chance of the scope striking one's brow during recoil."
^Shown mounted on an FN Herstal Mauser
Unique Technical Features-
The outer tubes & internal components are extremely robust.
The adjustment system is:
- steel on steel
- with audible clicks
Double internal spring force. Every Burris scope has it.
• Posi-Lock is a coil-spring assisted retractable steel post that firmly and & securely locks accuracy into place.
• Once the reticle is zeroed, the covering tube (red) replaces the internal spring (green) & locks the inner tube in place.
• All scopes have one spring that allows the adjustment of the reticle.
(Some of the competition competitors offer a double spring whereas the double spring is the STANDARD for all Burris products.)
• Each scope is filled and purged at least 24 times with high quality, laboratory grade dry nitrogen. Each nitrogen cycle absorbs airborne and residual surface moisture that is evacuated from the scope
• Every scope is individually recoil, water and fogproof tested
• Burris uses specially made quad seals to provide double insurance against leakage
Burris scopes are subjected to extreme recoil tests
An impact machine is used to measure and duplicate the recoil pulse acceleration and duration.
This machine has been calibrated and verified by an independent laboratory to replicate the wave frequencies and shock impulses that a scope is subjected to.
All Burris optics are proven to be absolutely waterproof.
Each scope is submerged in water with a temperature of 50° C.
The extremely hot water transfers its heat to the scope and the internal nitrogen expends 100% testing assures quality.
The nitrogen contained in the scope is:
• of high quality (ultra dry, laboratory grade nitrogen)
• ultra pure
• ultra clean
To be sure that all airborne moisture and surfaces moisture within a scope is evacuated, testing consists of 24 cycles of
• pressurizing the scope
• subjecting it to a vacuum
The tests are both cost & time intensive.
- Category : Scopes
- Magnification : 2.75x
- Objective : 20mm
- Field of View : 15 ft @ 100 yds
- Eye Relief : 8.5"-14"
- Tube Diameter : 1"
- Length : 9.2"
- Weight : 7 oz
- Finish : Black Matte
- Reticle : Heavy Duplex
- Adj Size : .50 MOA @ 100 yds
This scope is a very nice unit ,crisp and clear , works very well in low light conditions. I wish it would have come with lens covers but I purchased mine on sale, all in all very good quality and worth the full price even though I did not pay it. I have been using it for over a year now ,checked it out with my Sightmark bullet style boresighter yesterday and its exactly where I set it about a year ago.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.