Forward-mounted scope with large field of view and extra eye relief. Work great on Scout rifles, slug guns, muzzle loaders and big magnums.
Burris invented and perfected Scout Scopes, so it’s no wonder they set the standard for optical excellence, durability and low mounting capabilities. High quality glass and index-matched multi-coatings keep Burris on the leading edge of Scout Scope technology.
Heavy Plex reticle for super fast targeting:
^Perfect eye relief on a Scout Rifle
Ideal for the new generation of scout rifles. Low, fixed 2.75 power is perfect for the 'keep it simple' demands of the Scout Rifle concept:
"A forward-mounted telescopic sight of low magnification, typically 2-3 diameters. This preserves the shooter's peripheral vision, keeps the ejection port open to allow the use of stripper clips to reload the rifle, and eliminates any chance of the scope striking one's brow during recoil."
^Shown mounted on an FN Herstal Mauser
Unique Technical Features-
The outer tubes & internal components are extremely robust.
The adjustment system is:
- steel on steel
- with audible clicks
Double internal spring force. Every Burris scope has it.
• Posi-Lock is a coil-spring assisted retractable steel post that firmly and & securely locks accuracy into place.
• Once the reticle is zeroed, the covering tube (red) replaces the internal spring (green) & locks the inner tube in place.
• All scopes have one spring that allows the adjustment of the reticle.
(Some of the competition competitors offer a double spring whereas the double spring is the STANDARD for all Burris products.)
• Each scope is filled and purged at least 24 times with high quality, laboratory grade dry nitrogen. Each nitrogen cycle absorbs airborne and residual surface moisture that is evacuated from the scope
• Every scope is individually recoil, water and fogproof tested
• Burris uses specially made quad seals to provide double insurance against leakage
Burris scopes are subjected to extreme recoil tests
An impact machine is used to measure and duplicate the recoil pulse acceleration and duration.
This machine has been calibrated and verified by an independent laboratory to replicate the wave frequencies and shock impulses that a scope is subjected to.
All Burris optics are proven to be absolutely waterproof.
Each scope is submerged in water with a temperature of 50° C.
The extremely hot water transfers its heat to the scope and the internal nitrogen expends 100% testing assures quality.
The nitrogen contained in the scope is:
• of high quality (ultra dry, laboratory grade nitrogen)
• ultra pure
• ultra clean
To be sure that all airborne moisture and surfaces moisture within a scope is evacuated, testing consists of 24 cycles of
• pressurizing the scope
• subjecting it to a vacuum
The tests are both cost & time intensive.
- Category : Scopes
- Magnification : 2.75x
- Objective : 20mm
- Field of View : 15 ft @ 100 yds
- Eye Relief : 8.5"-14"
- Tube Diameter : 1"
- Length : 9.2"
- Weight : 7 oz
- Finish : Black Matte
- Reticle : Heavy Duplex
- Adj Size : .50 MOA @ 100 yds