- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 44 Remington Magnum
- Barrel Length : 6.5"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Rubber
- Sights : Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 52 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless
Glad I got it
Just recently got this, shot beautifully. Only complaint I could say about it is the orange front sight is a sticker that came off my first time shooting it. Easy fix with some paint but I'd highly recommend this 44 magnum to anyone.
A Mans Gun!!
Overall I am very impressed with this gun. The first time I took it to the range, I had serious lockup of the cylinder but I figured it was just new and not quite broken in. I did a much more thorough cleaning and the second time on the range no problems. For a guy on the more thinner side and more used to the typical kick from my numberous 9mms, 40's and 357 magnums, what a difference!! This thing is a beast in terms of sheer power!! The recoil is quite substantial but very controllable. I credit the ported barrel for that. This is the most powerful handgun round for round that I own right now and to me it is equivalent in power to many rifles! This thing paired up with either 44mag or 44spcl personal defense rounds would drop any home attacker or invader in their tracks no problem! I would hate to be on the receiving end of this monster! You could ban all the "evil assault rifles" and semi autos you want, this thing with a couple of good speed loaders will still ruin any punks day!! Good gun but not for beginners.
I wanted to add to my review now that I have a lot more rounds spent with it. I have shot a lot more rounds through it experienced no noticeable gaps or looseness. All rounds have been 305 grain Bear Loads. This is a fairly heavy round and has made no apparent effects on the gun. It was accurate out of the box and remains acurate. I expected it to get a little "broken in", but it has not. I REALLY like this gun- easy to shoot for the caliber, fairly light kick, and just a plain reliable gun. Well worth the money!
I really like this gun
I recently purchased the last one of these in stock. I just didn;t have the cash for a S&W or a Ruger, which is what I was looking for. I was a bit concerned about not having the double lock, but was assured this gun was sound in design. I read and watched a lot of reviews from people having put thousands of rounds through this gun and I needed a .44 for bear country in Montana. I am nothing short of thrilled with this gun. I shot numerous rounds of 305 grain bear loads manufactured by a company in MT. Not a single misfire, not a hiccup (sp?), simply perfect! I was thinking this would be a rough gun to shoot too. Nope, actually pretty smooth. I'm amazed at the powerful rounds this gun handled without kicking much. This is the second Taurus I've bought. The other is a semi-auto .40 PT140 Millenium Pro. I usually stick to the "better" brands, but both have been flawless. I've got to hand it to Taurus even though I was skeptical at first.
A durable 44 - good for carrying in the woods
I purchased this handgun primarily for personal protection while in the back country. It has served well in that capacity. Pros: heavy steel construction so it can safely handle hot loads (such as Garrett hammerheads) - a necessity if you plan on using the firearm for protection against larger game; durable stainless finish; ported barrel to reduce recoil (and consequently allow quicker follow up shots). Cons: relatively heavy (about 5 pounds when loaded); stiff double action trigger pull. In all respects, this has proven to be a quality firearm. I believe that Taurus had discontinued this particular model, but I would expect that the model 444 ("Raging Bull") is of similar quality.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.