- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length : 6.0"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Hogue Monogrip Black
- Sights : Ramp Front, Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 45 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless Steel
I had little revolver experience but wanted to have the best example of one when I got my first one. I got the 6-inch model so that I could maximize the potential of the .357 Magnum round for hog hunting. Ruger's reputation for making solid revolvers shows well with the GP100. The cylinder locks up like a vault door, and every moving part is fitted with absolute precision. Shooting double-action, I can easily keep 100 rounds in the black on a six-inch target, from an unsupported isoceles position, at 25 yards with this. The double-action trigger pull is smooth enough to allow me to consistently hit 10-inch plates at 25 yards, one-handed, with either my left or right hand. This is absolutely an amazing revolver! It has helped me put meat in the freezer. I have put about 1000 rounds through it with Fiocchi 142gr FMJ, Remington 125gr SJHP, LAX 158gr FMJ, and the really hot PPU 158gr FMJ ammo, and it is accurate with all of them.
I would have bought this one (layaway....so I could make payments) but due to it being in Utah and to have it shipped to Idaho I would have to pay for it in full, so I had to pass on buying it out right. There's only one left...Comparing it to a Stainless Steel 6" Smith and Wesson (at a other sporting goods store)....I liked the Ruger GP100 way better since it was beefier. Soooo...I'm buying it.
First time out at the range shooting .357 some firemen couple lanes over came and asked what I was shooting. I keep this one by my bed at night. Accurate right out of the box. As someone new to shooting I kept reading online that you should start with a 22LR. I actually think you should start with this 6" tank shooting 38's (recoil is nothing compared to 357) It's amazing! I believe this thing will take a deer down with 357 ammo. I bought this 6 months ago from Jonathan at the Kearns location. I promise you won't regret going with this one as a new a shooter. Now that I've gotten a feel of the 38/357 world I just bought a new Ruger LCR357 from Jason at their new Salt Lake location on 300 W. 2100 S. Should be coming in this week. Will keep you posted in a review under the LCR357 review section:)
The GP100 with the 6" barrel is built to handle the meanest 357 rounds out there. It is heavy and big, but is absolutely amazing at absorbing recoil from hot rounds. Its weight, and the Hogue grips make it very controllable, and its trigger is excellent, breaking very smoothly and precisely at the back. Try this gun with some of the super-hot Armscor 125 gr 357 ammo, and wait for everyone at the range to come over and see what just shook their world. Big flash and really big boom. Very accurate and very sturdy; just an excellent gun.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.