Metal Finish: Blued Action: Bolt Caliber: 22 Long Rifle Barrel Length: 16.1" Capacity: 1 Trigger: Accutrigger Safety: Manual Thumb OAL: 31.5" Weight: 2.66 lbs Stock Description: Synthetic Black Twist: 1:16" Barrel Description: Carbon Steel Receiver Material: Steel Sights: Peep, Drilled/Tapped Hand: Right Youth/Compact Stock Finish Group: Synthetic Metal Finish Group: Blued/Black
Bought this from Impact for Christmas 2014 for my 7 year old son. I had taken him shooting but my 597 Heavy Barrel was just too much for him to handle and was a safety hazard so I had to get something more suitable. Did a lot of research about youth rifles and this one is the only bolt action where you don't have to cock the gun after cycling the bolt. That cocking action on other guns is done with a round in the chamber and is very difficult for kids to do - a serious safety hazard if you ask me - kids need to point the gun in different directions to get a strong enough grip, etc. - no thanks. With this rifle, you drop the round in the chamber, close the bolt and it's ready to go. My son loves it. I was tempted to put a scope on it, but I like the included peep sights. I had a few troubles with it misfiring and read that the firing pin was sometimes too broad and not narrow enough. Also, I had some difficulty chambering rounds as the chamber was a bit tight. I called Impact and they gave me the info. for Savage. Savage took it back, fixed the problems and now the gun is perfect. I didn't deduct a star for this because they handled the whole thing perfectly and the gun is great now. I even love shooting the gun. It's incredibly light and is really accurate. My son is gaining a lot of confidence in his shooting - we've taken his friends sometimes and you can see a big difference - my son knows what he is doing. Couldn't be happier with this rifle. Very safe single shot bolt action - perfect starter rifle. About 50 bucks more than a crickett but I believe it is well worth it due to the concerns mentioned above.
I really like this little gun. I purchased it because of the price and I wanted a little non semi auto single shot 22lr to just blow some rounds down range. Very fun to shoot even for an adult sized frame and I don't have any little kids to teach or train but if I needed to, this is a great gun for a small young beginner. No 22 semi auto jams to worry about like my Remington 597 and no rinky dink little magazines to reload. Just drop a round squarely on the feed ramp and feeds so smooth. With some practice and a good set up, you could actually rapid fire this thing quite well if you really needed to. The first time I fired it, I also shot my Springfield Armory M1A .308 and a surplus Enfield #4 mk 1 and can honestly say that I had more fun with the little rascal than with both the full powered battle rifles! Its such a fun little thing to shoot, perfect for blowing off some rounds in between some serious full powered shooting. Great to practice the marksmanship fundamentals to improve your larger rifle sighting and shooting. My next range will be with my DSA FAL .308 and maybe a surplus 8mm Yugo Mauser but the rascal will be there too for some cheap practice training and most of all fun.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.