Caliber: .50 BMG
Barrel: 31" Chorme moly, 8 Groove
Rifling Twist: RH 1:15"
Muzzle Device: Highly Efficient Mulit-Flute Recoil Check, Very Moderate Felt Recoil.
Upper Receiver: Modified Octagonal Form, Grilled & Slotted for Mil STD Scope Rail with Boss to Engage Cross-Slot on Receiver
Bolt: Triple Front Locking Lug
Ejector: Spring Loaded Plunger, Automatic Ejection
Extractor: Sako Type
Trigger: Schilen Standard Single Stage, Approximate 5 lbs Pull
Stock: 3 Section Stock: Extruded Forend, Machined Grip with Vertical Grip, Forged and Machined Removable Buttstock
Buttplate: Vertically Adjustable, Specially Built for Heavy Calibers
Overall Length: 59.5" Without Buttstock: 49 3/4 inches
Weight: 33.2 lbs
Finish: Hard Anodized Aluminum, Manganese Phosphated Steel
Accuracy: 7" - 8" @ 1000 yds
Included with Rifle: 15 Minute Sight Base, Bi-pod Adapter, Owners Manual, Ear Plugs, Limited Lifetime Warranty
*Shown with optional Scope, Scope Mount, and Bi-pod
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Bolt
- Caliber : 50 Browning Machine Gun (BMG)
- Barrel Length : 30.0"
- Capacity : 1
- Trigger : Schillien Standard Single Stage
- Safety : Thumb
- OAL : 58.5"
- Weight : 34.1 lbs
- Stock Description : Aluminum Black
- Metal Finish : Black
Don't See Any Better, anywhere
Had mine about three years. It is such a joy to shoot, and the accuracy right out of the box surprised me, as an amateur shooter. The first time out, with only two minor scope adjustments, we were knocking off old propane bottles at 216yds. The people at Armalite have a sense of humor, as well. The owner's manual came in a large ziploc bag. Inside, along with the manual was a complimentary set of foam earplugs AND a packet of Tylenol! (the manual said the report would be loud. you'll know when it fires! ) The pride of my collection!
This 50 is at the top of the accuracy spectrum. With the right ammo and proper break in procedure; I don't know that you will find better. The AR50A1B is smooth with an action like a bank vault.This 50 has a valid place on the tournament shooting line. Of course this thing is a heavy beast, without question. Even so, when it comes to shooting accurate groups and assisting in taming recoil, the value of the weight is clear. Generally speaking, most shooters will not shoot as consistently with a rifle that pounds you every time you pull the trigger. It's simple biology.
I see many postings comparing Barrett's to the AR50's and others. No disrespect to Barrett, as they are a fine piece of engineering; but the AR50's will shoot circles around them time after time. That's a fact. Go check out FCSA tournaments if you don't believe me, just to see the accuracy comparison under controlled circumstances. Many get into circular arguments about accuracy potential at extreme ranges. But not all of these chat posters on the net have any real hard field data to back up their opinions. The right shooter, the right ammo and load development, the right break-in procedure, and the right barrel care. With these items in check, I say the AR50 keeps up with any 50 out there in the accuracy department, including the Tac 50. For my money, the AR50A1B is a lot of gun.
One bad boy
Gun is super accurate and with the weight and break it kicks less than my 338 lapua just a little louder though X 10 would highly recommend a great rifle at 1/3 the price of the Barrett m82
What the hell is wrong with this guy from Houston? Who shoots a doe with a .50 caliber sniper rifle? That's pretty sick, dude. and not sick in the cool way, as in, you should probably get some help
This gun is amazing - very accurate, high quality, smooth bolt. the only con would be the weight - but that probably is one of the reasons the recoil is so minor. After 30 rnds, I had no pain in my shoulder. Don't get me wrong the muzzle blast sends a shock wave through your body. Armalite should ship it with a case - it comes in a cardboard box.
This is an awsome gun. I have owned my AR 50L for 2 years. The muzzle break is awsome at reducing felt recoil. It is similar to shooting a 308 win. The muzzle noise is ear shattering. This gun is very accurate. Ive shot 5 inch groups at 1000 yards when equiped with Badger Ordinance max 50 rings and Nightforce 5.5x22x56. Last year I shot a doe at 720 yards. I have the ISnipe app which i also reccomend. Great gun, especially for the price!
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.