In 1885 competitive target shooting in America had the stature professional golf, or even major league football has today. Huge matches were held at places like Creedmore, New York. Spectators would number in the thousands. The 1885 was uniquely suited to the long range accuracy shooting of the day.
The 1885 Single Shot was the first and perhaps one of the greatest of all the John Moses Browning designs. It was 100% conceived of and created by Browning in the frontier pioneer town of Ogden, Utah in 1878. Not only was it the first he produced, but it was the gun that started his relationship with the Winchester Repeating Arms company.
They knew it was a superior single shot design and they knew it had to be a Winchester. The partnership began in 1885 and the Single Shot became the Model 1885 Winchester.
Today's Winchester 1885 rifles have changed only in minor ways since those days -- all for the better. The stout falling-block action is as impressive as ever. The precision barrel is famous for uncanny accuracy. Today's trigger exceeds the original with a crisp, clean (adjustable) break, . When you enjoy the precision of a fine rifle that imposes a degree of seriousness with each shot fired . . . if you enjoy the concept of "one shot one kill," then you are a candidate for a Winchester 1885.
What other features set it apart?
Most have tradition open sights, plus are drilled and tapped for scope bases. A special internal hanger system allows the forearm to be free floating so it will not affect accuracy. The hammer actually drops down, out of the way, when the lever is cycled forward. This makes loading and unloading very convenient. Traditional three-position hammer: dropped, half cock and full cock. Cartridge ejector system and shell deflector. The massive breech block design is one reason the Model 1885 has proven so accurate. The overall length of a Model 1885 with a 28 inch barrel is the same as a Model 70 with a 24 inch barrel. Most cartridges produce a substantially higher muzzle velocity with the longer barrel offered on the Model 1885. Plus:
Strong, machined steel receiver Crisp, adjustable trigger Simple, strong, reliable and accurate falling block design A proud sense of history only the Model 1885 single-shot can offer
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.