The heart of the JIC package is the venerable 12 gauge Mossberg 500 Pump-Action fitted with a compact 18 1/2 inch barreland rugged synthetic pistol grip and forearm. Blued finish. Sealed in a clear, resealable bag and is packaged in a heavy-duty, waterproof synthetic carrying-tube complete with resealable top and nylon carrying strap. Includes Survival Kit-in-a-Can - containing the necessities to keep you going whenan emergency strikes.
- Category : Tactical Shotguns
- Action : Pump
- Gauge : 12 Gauge
- Barrel Length : 18.5"
- Capacity : 4+1
- Chamber : 3"
- OAL : 28.75"
- Weight : 5.5 lbs
- Stock Description : Synthetic Pistol Grip
- Metal Finish : Blued
for a survival gun, this needs a saddle ring on the receiver block so it can be hung off a webbing sling around the neck. You will need both hands at times, more often than you think - and you definitely wont want to put your shottie down on the ground. Sling is not optional, and the combat sling that hangs the weapon down your front is ideal. Secondly, this magazine capacity is too small ... Mossies can carry 8 + 1 (my tow do) by using a full length magazine tube. 4 + 1 is a bit light, IMO.
Love the gun but tube is just a gimmick suggest getting a food saver (not just for food btw) and some pvc pipe with caps and glue you can then make your own custom kit as big or small as you want ie small last ditch pistol with survival supplies or big ass gun cache with a couple assault rigles shotguns etc with extra ammo and mags
The pistol grip is best for home defense but my right shoulder cuff is torn so a stock is out of the question. Can I get the tube separately and put a 20 ga. in it?
I just got this shot gun. Took it out to the shooting range to test it out. Its got a good kick but it felt the same with all the diffrent types of shells. Personally i liked the hollow tip slugs. The only recommendation i could make is the postal grip other than that its a great shotgun to carry around or for house protection .
Awesome shot gun smoked a few doves last week.
I bought this for the farm to use on snakes origanaly but carry this thing where ever i go now. I did find that federal paper shell kick the least but i even shot a quite a few military grade buckshot out of it and the kick is fine, but then again I'm a man.
Maybe if u guys put a sling on it. Or maybe like a sterling type stock on it. Hey just suggestions
I just purchased this kit for my car. In the state I live in, we are allowed to carry shotguns in the trunk so as long as the ammo is not within reach. I carry the ammo in the center console. I hike a lot in the back woods and come across all kinds of animals and not so nice folk. This kit is perfect for handling any situations I come across.
After Hurricane Katrina, I learned really quick how important it was to have an emergency kit stowed somewhere the looters wouldn't think to look. I purchased this to bury in the yard for safe keeping in case of another major disaster. I tested it out first by buring just the tube with a few non-essential items for 3 months and I have to say I was impressed. Everything inside stayed just as it was when I buried them. That's saying alot since the humidity seems to penetrate everything here on the gulf coast. The shotgun goes without saying, its a Mossberg so we already know it's a quality firearm. Yes, it's a little harsh on the wrist without a stock but hey, it's better then being caught without one. I will most likely be purchasing another one of these.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.