Bullet: VMAX 17 grain
Velocity: 2550 FPS
Hornady V-MAX bullets. Super accurate. Super deadly. Bad news for varmints, but great news for shooters who want surgical precision at an affordable price. The tack-driving accuracy of V-MAX comes from a unique combination of materials, construction and design.
V-MAX combines a lightweight polymer tip with advanced internal construction. The result is a center of gravity that createsthe level of stability imperative for long-range varmint shots. A very sharp tip creates an improved ballistic coefficient, while maintaining the optimum bearing surface needed for maximum stability. The result is superior performance at all ranges.
The dramatic fragmentation of the V-MAX comes from a combination of the copper jacket, the special core design and the polymer tip. The copper jacket is designed to hold the bullet together and withstand the fast rotational speeds generated by today's varmint rifles. Upon impact, the tip and core go to work. The tip acts as a "wedge" and pushes backwards into the bullet core.
The hollow cavity right behind the base of the tip allows the tip to build up kinetic energy before smashing into the largest part of the core. This ensures dramatic fragmentation - even in low-velocity, long-range shooting situations.
Look for the red tip - supreme accuracy with dramatic fragmentation!
"I just sighted in my 220 Swift and shot a 5 shot group of your 40 grain V-MAX bullets so tight it's hard to discern that more than 1 bullet passed through the hole. I don't have any high-tech measuring equipment, but my tape measure confirms that the hole from these 5 shots is under .25 inches. I am as impressed as I can get!" Randal Weber-Montana
- Category : Rimfire Rounds
- Caliber : 17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (HMR)
- Bullet Type : V-Max
- Bullet Weight : 17 GR
- Muzzle Energy : 245 ft lbs
- Muzzle Velocity : 2550 fps
- Rounds Per Box : 50
- Boxes Per Case : 40
Thank you so Much Impact for doing such a great job with keeping rimfire ammo in stock, thank you all so Much! Your my now go to for all ammo let alone Rimfire, Thanks Impact, you guys Rock! Sincerely, Jake
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.