300 gr. TSX-FN (2350 fps)
20 Round Box
This is a super powerful 45-70+P loading. It is externally identical to SAAMI spec. 45-70 ammo, but internally it generates FAR more power and pressure. So, our 45-70 ammo will fit/chamber into any 45-70 firearm. HOWEVER, its use should be limited to firearms that are built to take the +P pressures it generates.
Its use should be limited to the following firearms: All Marlin 1895 (1895 Marlins are simply 336 actions, with a 45-70 barrel screwed on to them) iterations made since 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 copies, Rossi Rio Grande, New England Arms Handi Rifle, T/C Encore, ALL falling block actions made of modern steel such as the Ruger #1 and #3, Shiloh, Christian and Pedersoli Sharps, Henry Lever Action Rifles, all Winchester 1886 iterations made since 1915, CVA Centerfire Rifles and all Siamese Mauser bolt actions.
This all copper expanding 300gr. TSX long-for-weight bullet will penetrate about as deep as they typical 350+gr. lead core expanding bullet, yet it gives the benefits of a lighter bullet, which means it recoils less and gives flatter trajectories.
We were not able to develop velocities as fast as we’d like because the long-for-weight all copper bullet crowds the limited powder capacity of the 45-70 casing. Still, 2200+ fps is screaming and is powerful and for those that understand the benefits of the all copper Barnes TSX bullet, it is a worthwhile trade off. As an added benefit to many shooters, this reduced velocity also means significant recoil reduction.
As always, we use real world firearms to generate our published velocities. We feel the industry wide duplicitous practice of generating advertised velocities from extra long laboratory barrels is dishonest to the customer as he/she will not be able to duplicate those velocities in the real world, where it matters.
? 2215 fps -- Marlin 1895, 22 inch barrel
? 2201 fps -- Marlin 1895, 18 inch barrel
Many shooters do not understand why the 45-70 needs very little barrel length to obtain maximum velocities. As evidenced by the above velocities, ANY straight walled (not a bottle neck case such as the 06 or any number of casings that have a shoulder) case that uses relatively fast burning rifle powders, will generate all the velocity possible in barrels much shorter than bottleneck chamberings.
- Category : Centerfire Rifle Rounds
- Caliber : 45-70 Government
- Bullet Type : Barnes TSX Flat Nose
- Bullet Weight : 300 GR
- Muzzle Energy : 3678 ft lbs
- Muzzle Velocity : 2350 fps
- Rounds Per Box : 20
- Boxes Per Case : 12
- Application : Hunting/Target
- Casing Material : Brass
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.