I got these to use in my new Marlin XT-22 bolt action (22" barrel, 1:16 twist rate). Just shot about 80 rounds in my backyard, trying to hit soda cans, cardboard boxes and other random objects at 15 and 25 yards. My comments: 1) Noise was comparable to an airgun. Obviously recoil was nonexistent. Very pleasant to shoot without ear protection! We have double windows and my wife could barely hear the noise from inside the house about 30 yards away from the point where I was shooting (not aiming at the house!). 2) As far as I could tell by the shape of holes, no tumbling (of course, distances were relatively short). 3) I had cleaned and oiled the rifle before and decided to cleaned it again after, just to see whether the black coat had left anything dirty. Everything was very clean, it looks like you could go 1,000 rounds before getting any appreciable residue. I did not notice any of the "sand-like grit" described in the other review, but then I had a lot more barrel to spread that out. It was late in the evening so I had to limit my activity to 80 rounds, but next time I will make sure I start earlier!!! 4) Penetration was good. Bullets went through a few layers of material including a sturdy old faux leather-covered notebook and could not recover any (although I still have a box filled with some old software and manuals that I still have to open: it made a funny "springy" noise when hit. Must have been CDs!). 5) All rounds worked perfectly, even as I was breaking in a new rifle (which, by the way, is awesome!). As for precision, not much of a clue (with smaller targets it was hard to know they had been hit until I went to check, and I was not too worried). But my guess is they more accurate than the shooter! 6) I think I remember reading some reviews elsewhere complaining about the smell (not sure if the same product though). Smell was slightly metallic, quite normal and not unpleasant.
Being that the hoarder\doomsday preppers are still hoarding everything they can get their hands on, I decided to buy a few 50-round boxes of these things for my .22lr revolver so that I'd have something to plink around with. Of the 100 rounds I fired, all 100 rounds worked. I can't say whether or not they are quieter than standard .22lr ammo as I was at an indoor range and was already wearing ear protection. But they "seemed" about as a loud as standard ammo. The retailer warned they probably wouldn't cycle through a semi-auto weapon. But I tried 10 rounds through my Ruger 10\22 and they worked. I used the other 90 rounds through a revolver. After opening the cylinder to remove the brass, I noticed this almost sand-like grit coming out of the cylinder which could have only come from the ammo. Apparently, this ammo is rather "dirty", if you will. I also noticed more fouling once I got the revolver home and cleaned it. Also, as mentioned in the details, the rounds will "keyhole" if the rifle twist is not fast enough. I'm not sure what the twist rate is on my revolver, but at 10 yards out, they were already tumbling. I'll probably buy a few more boxes for my revolver just so I'll have "something" to shoot with until folks stop hoarding the ammo from everyone else. But once normalcy returns to ammo inventory, I'll just buy standard ammo.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.