I have many snub nose guns from S&W and Ruger plus even more semi autos carry guns. The gun that gets the lion's share of carry time is my S&W 340 PD. Even fully loaded, it feels too light to be a real gun. The first time my friends asked to see it, they thought it was a toy gun and I was just pulling their leg due to the weight. Despite the stories on the internet about this gun taking off you fingers after one shot and big men crying from pain after a few rounds, it is not bad at all and I am a senior citizen. If you use mid power .357 magnums like Golden Sabers, it is manageable for a cylinder or two before you start noticing its recoil. For best results, use 38 +P. Even at my age I can shoot a box of 50 with nothing more than a little red spot on my hand which is gone by the time I get home. Despite everything people say about this great reliable little gun, if you are extremely recoil sensitive, use the new Hornady 95 .38 spl lite ammo. Feels like a .380. For some reason a lot of people think that if it says .357 on it, you MUST shot .357 magnums in it. Nope, you have a choice of several different powered ammo to choose from to suit every need. No matter what you load it with, it is a gun that you will always carry with you because it carries very well in pocket or on a belt. You just forget it is there after a while. Shoots straight if you take the time to learn how to shoot a snub nose gun. The fiber optic front sight makes aiming under various conditions, real easy. Put a pair of Crimson Trace laser grips on it, like I did and you have a fantastic carry gun. I grew up with revolvers and in my two encounters of the close kind, never had just having 5 rounds to be a problem. Of course, if you are into spraying and praying, this is not the gun for you. If doing a high five hurts your hand, this is not the gun for you. If you are not used to more contact with your hand greater than a hand shake, this is not the gun for you. It is a gun that is for someone who will practice with it and is not recoil sensitive. If this old man with arthritic hands, can handle this gun, so can you.
11 OZ. weight I have carried this gun 24/7 for 5 years. shoots great very good dbbl action trigger much better than 442 well worth the money. Holster or pocket very comfortable finish will were after a few years. Functions every time Way better than an Auto and you keep your empty cases in the gun.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.