Mark III Standard .22 Long Rifle 6 Inch Barrel Blue Finish Fixed Sights 10 Round
Tapered alloy steel barrel, fixed front and rear sights and checkered non slip grip panels. Internal lock.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 22 Long Rifle
- Barrel Length : 6.0"
- Capacity : 10+1
- Safety : Manual
- Grips : Black Polymer
- Sights : Fixed
- Weight : 37 oz
- Frame Finish : Blued
This is an update to a previous post. I ended up sending my MarkIII in for service after a whole lot of FTE's. The customer service was great. I especially like it that they pay for shipping. They fixed the ejector and it is much better now and jams once in awhile rather than 3 times per mag. It is an absolute beast to clean! It will get better as things get loosened up I hear. I can only give it a 4 due to previous issues.
I got mine and cleaned it up and went to the range. The weapon is VERY picky about what you feed it. I contacted Ruger and basically they told me that I should only use CCI mini mags in it. I had experienced about 100 FTE's at that point. Tried the 37 grain MM's and it did cut down the problem but did not fix it. Can't find any 40 grain around right now. The good. When it fires cleanly it is really accurate. No recoil whatsoever. Just wish there was info out there about the ammo issues.
I've used one of these on and off throughout the years - putting maybe 1000 rounds through it. It's a great pistol for target practice or teaching a new shooter - simple design, very reliable and accurate, and easy to setup a sight picture. The trigger is smooth even while firing rapidly. I've never had a problem with jamming, but I do agree with the other reviewer - I wish the capacity was a little higher. Those 10 rounds run out fast! The Ruger MKIII is a great choice for the recreational shooter looking for some simple target practice.
The Ruger MkII is a wonderful pistol. I chose the 6" tapered barrel model for the longer sight radius of the 4" model, plus the weight is lighter than the bull barreled model. The sights are clear and easy to use. I like having a safety much like the SR-9 has which is easier manipulated, as with the traditional 1911 style frame mounted safety. As a target or plinking pistol, it has the best trigger pull of any gun I own, very smooth. There are many aftermarket accessories available for this pistol too, which is a big plus. For the price, this is a great buy with one of the best makers around, Ruger.
Mark III is a more classic semiauto from Ruger, & it is a great deal of fun to go plinking with, & it is accurate enough to scope for small game. I've fed a number of bricks through mine & it chews through them with few jams. I only wish it came with a longer mag to reduce loading time. I would make sure you have a spare mag! There are a number of MkIII 22LR styles available to suit most tastes.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.