You say you want a pistol to do a little plinking. Try a Witness Match or Witness Stock. Go to the range or your favorite shooting place and discover why it is just plain fun to take a Witness out plinking. It is almost like the gun frame molds to your hand. It points and shoots and you hit what you aim for. It is like taking a fine sports car out for a drive. Maybe it is time you enjoyed your plinking more.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 40 Smith & Wesson (S&W)
- Barrel Length : 4.8"
- Capacity : 15+1
- Safety : Manual
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Adjustable
- Weight : 44 oz
- Frame Finish : Stainless
I've ran around 2000 rounds through mine. I'm at the range every week. I'm the guy that will pass off my gun to any qualified shooter to try it out. Everyone who has shot my elite match raves about the gun. I'm a bit of a creature of habit, and have a very good relationship with the owner of the gun shop I purchase my toys from. I put the gun in his hands one day at the range and he still talks about the trigger. I only have two complaints. The sight picture is a black rear, and a black front. The lack of contrast makes the front sight difficult to see. Tanfoglio doesn't have a very strong aftermarket, so customizing is very limited. I have ran 2000 rounds of target ammo through mine with two failures, and both of those were due to a bad mag.
Now that I've had a chance to shoot the Match side by side with my R1 and Beretta, I have to tell you I shoot better with the Match than either of the others. I just had to shoot them all at the same targets and distance. The Match was especially better when I moved out to 25 yards. Impact's new computer firearm transfer form process is an improvement over filling the form out by hand, too.(e-4473)
A great range pistol for the price. I got mine in .40 and the heft of the gun keeps the recoil quite manageable. It comes with a nice locking case (now in plastic) that isn't as bulky as I thought it might be. The over-sized safety, slide release and magazine release make it easy to operate. I find my accuracy with it to be comparable to my Beretta 92 and Remington R1, though I've only shot 100 rounds through it. No malfunctions, BTW. Impact's service was great - ordered it Sat morning and it was in by Wed. I doubt I could do better with a more expensive match pistol.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.