The project started when Ken Jorgenson, Ruger's Shooting Sports and Media Relations Coordinator, mentioned to TALO that the Boy Scouts were interested in a making a Ruger 10/22 rifle a special BSA edition. TALO had just finished a successful Ruger John Wayne Vaquero edition and Ken suggested that we look into the BSA program. I will skip right to the edition, because dealing with some of the licensing compliance folks is not for the faint of heart. TALO wanted to create something unusual for the Boy Scouts. I myself was a former scout who fondly remembered his weeks at Camp Sequassen.
The challenge was to produce a rifle worthy of the project. After many attempts and redrawing, we were able to take an original Norman Rockwell image, combine it with other Boy Scout themes and reproduce it beautifully on the stock with state of the art laser engraving. Ruger pitched in with an upgraded finish to the metal. The stockmaker found a great supply of nice walnut for the stock.
The collectable box was a departure for Ruger. It required weeks of work and redrawing and the official blessing from BSA, but in the end it contributed nicely to the package. The gun's brochure was produced to tie the whole concept together. We wanted to honor the scouting tradition and produce a collectible rifle at an affordable price. I believe the BSA 10/22 is unlike any 10/22 produced to date.
While we are not supposed to mention it, the sales of the rifle have caused some nice checks to be written to Boy Scouts of America. There are many folks to thank for its success, and TALO is very proud to have had a part in it.
|Manufacturer:||Ruger||MFG Model #:||1255|
|Lipsey's Model #:||RU1022BSA||UPC #:||736676012558|
|Caliber:||22 LR||Quantity Produced:||Still in Production|
|Production Year:||2010-Present||Production Status:||Current
|18.5" Barrel||Embellished Walnut Stock|
|Blue Finish||1-in-16" Twist|
|Open Rifle Sights||Special Serial Numbers|
|5 lbs.||Special Commemorative Box|
I purchsed two of these guns. One to give to my son when he makes Eagle, and one for me. It is a good old Ruger 10-22 as you would expect, but with a high quality custom BSA stock. This Ruger is a great BSA tribute gun and a great gift for any scouter. It is not tied to the 100th anniversary with it's markings.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.