The dynamics of the battlefield are forever changing. With the increasing threat of terrorism in our streets to the evolving situations of combat applications, a new paradigm in firearms was required. In 1982, with the foresight of what the modern battlefield was becoming, IWI in a decade long collaboration with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) R&D developed the new standard issue weapon for the IDF; and the TAVOR® was born. Mr. Zalman Shebs, known as the “father of the TAVOR®,” spearheaded the team to develop a weapon system that was capable of moving from open field conflicts to close-quarter engagements and from daylight to nighttime capabilities - seamlessly on a single mission. In the late 1990’s through the early 2000’s, the TAVOR® underwent unprecedented testing unlike any weapons system anywhere. The TAVOR® began trials with IDF units testing for ergonomics. The TAVOR® then entered the IDF NCO Infantry School for extensive field tests and finally, in 2002, the TAVOR® was given to an army company in the Givati Brigade for real-world testing and use. By September, 2003, the IDF had chosen the TAVOR® rifle as the standard issue for their infantry troops. Today the TAVOR® rifles are in service with IDF Infantry troops and the IDF Special Forces in Israel along with many military and law enforcement agencies in the world.
IWI and IWI US have brought the same dedication to craft and commitment to performance and reliability to the American customer with the TAVOR® SAR rifle.
TAVOR SAR Features Include: Bullpup configuration allows for short rifle convenience with long rifle accuracy Optimized ergonomic design for increased comfort and ease-of-use Clean, long stroke piston operation Detachable, cold hammer-forged barrel (CHF), chrome-lined with 1:7 twist, CrMoV steel Optional 9mm Parabellum conversion kit with CHF barrel, 1:10 twist, CrMoV steel 100% ambidextrous configuration and operation with optional left-hand bolts for 5.56 NATO and 5.45 x 39mm. No additional parts required to convert to 9mm Parabellum to LH configuration Integral ambidextrous front and rear quick detachable sling swivel receptacles with push button swivels Simple field stripping into easily serviceable subassemblies Mil-Std 100% interchangeability of all TAVOR® SAR parts Last round stays open on an empty magazine All metal parts treated for corrosion resistance Integral rubber recoil pad To have your TAVOR SAR converted from right hand to left, or left hand to right, you will need to return your rifle to IWI US, purchase an opposite hand bolt from IWI US, and IWI US will perform the conversion free of charge. Your TAVOR will be returned to you after the conversion with your original bolt packed with the rifle. Both bolts will be properly head-spaced for your barrels.
The Tavor SAR Flattop series come with a full length Mil-Std Picatinny rail for mounting optics, or mechanical sighting systems. They also include integral “flip-up” sights built into the rail itself.
- Category : Rifles Centerfire Tactical
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length : 16.5"
- Capacity : 30+1
- OAL : 26.13"
- Weight : 7.9 lbs
- Stock Description : Polymer Flat Dark Earth
- Metal Finish : Flat Dark Earth
Fantastic feel and look to it. Very accurate and i love how most of the weight is on your shoulder vs the rest of the rifle. Would buy again.
The TAVOR is battle proven and is worth every penny.I love my LWRC,but I've become really impressed with this bullpup as I've shot thousands of rounds through the TAVOR,without no jams.
Pricy, but well worth it
Compared to the other bullpups I've shot, the tavor offers the best handling, being much more ergonomic than others like the rfb or even the aug. It's expensive, but know that the quality justifies it; sometimes you gotta shell out some extra cash.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.