Ruger Mini-14® Ranch Rifles are rugged centerfire autoloading rifles that provide reliable performance with the following features:
** New rugged adjustable "Ghost Ring" aperture rear sight.
** New rugged protected blade front sight.
** Improved receiver with rounded contours.
** New hardwood stock with rifle-style buttpad.
** Simple, rugged Garand-style breechbolt locking system, with a fixed-piston gas system and self-cleaning, moving gas cylinder.
** Chambered in the popular and proven .223 Rem. cartridge.
** Integral sling swivels.
Extras with this product include:
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Semi-Automatic
- Caliber : 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
- Barrel Length : 18.5"
- Capacity : 5+1
- Trigger : Single Stage
- Safety : Garand
- OAL : 38"
- Weight : 7 lbs
- Stock Description : Hardwood
- Metal Finish : Blued
I had one of these a few decades ago and just picked up the new one. I am very pleased with the refinements Ruger has made. This current model is fantastic, one sweet gun!
I'm not a big rifle guy, but I can still get 3"-4" 20 round groups at 100yards with good ammo, and 5"-6" 20 round groups with cheap russian ammo. Either way they would all be head shots at 100yards. With match ammo and trying I can get 2" 5 round groups. Who needs to put 2 shots in the same hole anyway. All the newer mini14's #580's can run 5.56nato and .223rem. This thing loves the 62grain 5.56 M855 steelcore.
This is one of the most enjoyable rifles to shot that I have ever worked with. After I had the barrel treated by Controlled Thermal Processing the accuracy improved over 50%.
This is an excellent rifle. Fairly accurate and a great deal when compared to any AR platform and arguably more reliable. I have the Synthetic Stock Stainless Steel version. It is light, accurate and dependable. NOTE: Don't bother with aftermarket branded magazines as they FTF often. The 20rd Ruger Mags are the best for the Mini-14.
I've owned more than one of these fantastic carbines and they have never let me down. Many of the accuracy issues have been much improved in the newer models with a thicker barrel. Still, I think the accuracy issues of the Mini-14 have been exaggerated. Even with the old models I could consistently hit a pop can at ~200 yards. Seems fine to me.
I own many ruger weapons, but the mini 14 is one I shoot with my friend who owns it. I think its an o.k. rifle. I'm not into throwing a lot of lead in 2 seconds, so some of it is me. The accuracy with his is only decent. I've seen ARs be much more accurate. The version of this with the tuner on the barrel should be accurate. If you want a compact, quality build, fairly inexpensive, not too accurate rifle, this will do.
The Mini-14 rifle has been around for year now and will continue to be so for many more. Why? Because Ruger did it right. This rifle has all you need for a .223 semi-auto rifle. Built to have the same controls as an M-14, this was designed to be a natural transition for the military. The newer updated rifle has great sights along with built-in scope ring mounts. If one wants an AR-15 style stock, they too are available. The operating system is a clean and simple gas piston driven action. This was definitely my choice for a .223 rifle over any of the AR style rifles and at less than half the price of them, it makes this and excellent buy. Reliable, performance and versatility, all in one package.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.