Most Powerful Production Revolver in the World Today- Massive 500 S&W Magnum Cartridge 2600 ft/lb. Muzzle Energy
Recoil Tamed with Effective Muzzle Compensator & Hoque Sorbathane Recoil Absorbing Grip
Easily Removeable Muzzle Compensator for Different Recoil Reduction Effects and to Accomodate Different Types of Ammunition
Comes with 2 Compensators - 1 for Lead Bullet and 1 for Jacketed Bullet Ammunition Muzzle Energy Capability in Excess of 2000 ft/lb. in a 56 oz. Package
- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 500 Smith & Wesson
- Barrel Length : 4.0"
- Capacity : 5
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Synthetic
- Sights : Red Ramp Front, Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 56 oz
- Frame Description : Stainless Steel
I bought my 4" barrel model at Impact in Boise. I have shot it extensively and tested a number of handloads. As handloaders know, in a straight wall case an increase in powder charge raises velocity slowly but the recoil increases more noticeably. I prefer the Cast Performance 440 gr. bullet with 33.7gr of H-110 or Win. 296. This load is very accurate in my gun. I carry this revolver when I am over the mountain in Montana. I prefer my El Paso Saddlery strong side flap holster to any type of chest harness holster. I understand the quickness of the chest holsters, it is just a preference. I have a couple of speedloaders for this revolver as well. A very fine handgun yet it is only for advanced pistoleros.
this is a very nice heavy handgun
I've owned mine for several years and it has become a great hunting tool. It is the best safety gun a hunting party can carry. Stops pigs or any other angry beast without hesitation. No second target acquisition but so far, none needed. Also, purchased H&R Handi-Rifle in S&W 500 to compliment hunting experience. Single shot backed-up by five additional 1/2" chunks of metal moving fast goes a long way in making a hunter feel secure. Best carried using Alaskan guide chest carry rig. Web ammo is cheaper and using .38 inserts allows for more rounds through the gun for less $$$. 4" muzzle break keeps things real but under control. Pushes hard but doesn't "Kick".
I don't have the 4" stainless but I do own the 8 3/8" stainless. For the experienced handgun owner this revolver is top of the line!! It was intimidating at first to shoot until.....YOU SHOOT IT.... You will find out this firearm is not as scary as you would think! Smith & Wesson really took their time and made sure that it worked well!! It is a heavy handgun to take some out of the recoil, and though heavy it is balanced perfectly with heavy grip so the barrel and cylinder weight doesn't force your wrist to work to keep it up!! The shock absorber in grip really helps also with recoil that the weight of the gun deminishes. I only shoot 400gr. Winchester Platinum tips out of it and though it is a hot load with bigger pressures I was able to handlt them easily due to the supreme manufacturing from Smith & Wesson. My arm was tired after but now I have no problems at all. if their is anything negative about the S&W500 is the trigger is a light, but anyone who shoots S&W knows their triggers are classical light.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.