Barrel assemblies and grips are easily swapped by the shooter, and the 715 accepts grips and barrel/shroud assemblies from 15-2 model and newer revolvers.
The original Dan Wesson revolver improved on the accuracy and service life of the traditional double action revolver design in a few ways. The tensioned barrel of the DW interchangeable barrel system enhances accuracy, pulling the barrel tight like a guitar string, enabling it to vibrate at the same frequency every time. The forward crane latch, located in front of the cylinder and paired with a rear ball detent helps to ensure proper cylinder/barrel alignment during firing. Superior to the rear locking designs of other revolvers, it adds to the accuracy of the 715.
While the tensioned barrel definitely improves accuracy above other revolvers, it’s the consistent cylinder/barrel alignment that contributes most to the accuracy of the design.
Additionally, the clockwise-rotating cylinder reduces stress on the crane, since it turns in the same direction the crane locks, prolonging service life and keeping everything tight. The 715′s frame is robust, built to handle the heaviest of factory loads.
Each revolver is shipped in a custom Dan Wesson hard case. Patterned after the ever-popular Pistol Pack, each case has compartments for three additional barrel assemblies and factory-supplied barrel wrench kit.
- Category : Revolvers
- Type : Revolver
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 357 Magnum
- Barrel Length : 6.0"
- Capacity : 6
- Hammer Style : Spurred
- Grips : Black Rubber
- Sights : Adjustable Rear
- Frame Description : Stainless Steel
I am glad this revolver is back after several years out of the market. it is still the only revolver designed to have a barrel change system (CZ USA has them from 2.5" to 10"). The parent company of Dan Wesson, CZ-USA finally paid attention to the many fans of the Dan Wesson revolvers. I have my 715 with multiple barrels since 1983 and it is still shooting reliably. Accuracy of the original was remarkable, better than any production revolver of the time, all the way to 200 meters for the fans of long distance shooting with revolvers. I see no reason for it to be any different now although from the photos it seems the new revolver may have a bit more mass to it and therefore is should be stronger.The revolver will benefit from more current and modern manufacturing procedures and it will a popular revolver just based on the collector's market for used Dan Wesson's. Enthusiasts of the Dan Wesson revolvers will not have the full line of calibers (like 41's, and 44's) but at least will have access to a great firearm in 38/357 again with multiple length barrels if so desired.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.