- Category : Knives
- Type : Folder
- Blade Type : Tanto
- Blade Length : 3"
- OAL : 7.5"
- Blade Material : AUS-4
- Handle Description : Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon Black
- Weight : 3.6 oz
- Edge Type : Partially Serrated
I?ve EDC?d the same 10Z for going on 8 years and it?s still up to the task. As is known with these knives, the tiny hex screws securing the frame and clip did come loose on mine, but some thread lock took care of that problem; the locking system is also known to jam on these knives, making it difficult to release the blade for closure. Not too big a deal in my book as I?d rather have it do that over failing to stay locked. Speaking to that point, the blade lock has never failed to hold the blade securely in all my years of use. The blade used to keep a good edge but with a lot of use over time I find myself honing it more frequently. This is one of the best bang-for-the-buck items I?ve ever owned.
I own the M16-13ZER, an orange-handled variant meant for rescue purposes and the like. Second knife in this line I have owned (lost the first), and the whole line are fantastic general-purpose folding blades, whose safety lock feature does work as advertised. Good, sturdy, ergonomic feel to the handle, and a blade sizeable and the right shape to handle some more serious tasks without being a ridiculously large folder. The only cons are generally the screws that hold on the pocket clip, and occasionally the ones that hold the handle scales on. Especially in the former case, they become loose very easily and require a very small hex wrench to re-tighten. Can become annoying. Otherwise, I highly reccomend these knives.
When I was a kid, I learned not to trust a liner lock. However, the safety system on the CRKT M16 solves this fear. There are all these new ?assisted openers? out there with spring this and parts that, but simple is best and the flipper proves it. Yes, I have recommended the M16 knife for friends. I even bought them for my kids. This is my EDC even though it is a model 12Z
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.