The HALO utilizes the proven baffle design from the well known and highly successful M4-96D and is manufactured on the latest state-of-the-art CNC manufacturing centers from space age materials. It provides sound reduction well in excess of OSHA and MIL-STD requirements in a physically compact package. Additionally, there is no degradation of weapon accuracy. Suppressor life is known to exceed 25,000 rounds.
The patented mounting system utilizes the 22 mm standard NATO-specification bird-cage type flash hider as used by the military worldwide. Mounting or removal can be performed without the use of tools in less than 30 seconds. Because the mount uses the flash hider, it is necessary that the flash hider be concentric with the bore. Some of the AR15/M16 series weapons may have had the flash hider mounted with a split-ring lockwasher or a crush washer. The split-ring lockwasher will not keep the flash hider concentric and must be remounted. The newer crush washer may or may not keep the flash hider aligned properly, and we recommend re-mounting the flash hider with the provided peel washer. This suppressor and mount were designed specifically for military weapons and may not fit on non-standard aftermarket flash hiders or muzzle brakes often found in the United States. If there is any question, it is fairly simple to change to a 22 mm NATO specification flash hider, such as the Colt A2.
The suppressor comes with detailed instructions for installation and use. It also includes a peel washer for remounting of the AR15/M16 flash hider should the original flash hider be mounted with either a split-ring lockwasher or a crush washer.
The SIG 551 delivered in the United States has an integral flash hider 21.5mm in diameter, which is not NATO spec. On special order, we can provide a variant of the HALO specifically for this weapon. Although the SIG 552 also uses a non-specification flash hider, this flash hider is threaded on and we suggest changing the flash hider to one that is 22 mm in diameter.
Full Automatic Fire Issues:
Suppressors shown with or designed for machine guns are rated for fully automatic fire. In the case of suppressors designed for .223 (5.56mm), there are some limitations in the duration of fully automatic fire due to shortcomings in the ammunition, not the suppressor. 5.56mm is a unique cartridge. The projectile is physically small and lightweight having a relatively large surface area for the small mass. The relatively high muzzle velocity causes excessive barrel heating from friction, with outside barrel temperatures exceeding 700° F in a 100 round burst. Bore temperature is considerably higher. The projectile contains a small quantity of lead, which after a 90 round burst has started to soften and/or melt. The softening of the lead core results in geometric instability of the projectile, causing excessive yawing, tumbling, and suppressor baffle contact. These effects are not normally seen anywhere near this early in larger caliber projectiles, such as 7.62 NATO. Although the suppressor is capable of withstanding long bursts using ammunition not containing any lead, any lead containing 5.56mm ammunition will damage the suppressor. Because of the deleterious heating effect, most weapon manufacturers place serious limitations on sustained fully automatic fire and state that the barrel is ruined after a 200 round burst.
Caliber 5.56 mm NATO (.223) O.A. Length 7.75 inch (197 mm) Diameter 1.5 inch (38 mm) Weight 25 ounces (700 gm) Materials 300 series stainless steels Finish Matte Black Oxide List Price $675.00
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.