Thundertrap 30 cal, black, 5/8x24 (standard)
The AWC ThunderTrap/ ThunderTrap TITM suppressor is an example of technology taken to the extreme. Now in the fifth generational version which offers less weight in a slightly shorter and quieter package, the AWC ThunderTrap suppressor design enhances the accuracy and manages to cause the retention of the gases for a long period of time, causing the sound emitted to be a soft hiss rather than a pop. The actual gas exit delay time is nothing short of fantastic making observers unsure about hearing any supersonic projectile flight signature (sonic crack).
A common remark is, "I can actually hear the gas escape from the suppressor". The standard ThunderTrap is constructed for all centerfire bolt and semi-auto rifles chambered in a .22 centerfire to .300 WIN MAG. The enhanced models service calibers from .300 Win Mag to 338, 408 Cheytac, 45-70, 50 Beowulf/ Alaskan and other custom requirements.
The AWC ThunderTrap is produced in two material configurations, standard 100% stainless steel and the "TI" model in titanium for reduced weight. Both models feature 360 degree circumferentially welded internal components for increased durability; another industry first from AWC. Bullet impact is easily heard over any other source of sound, and is the primary source of noise.
The ThunderTrapTM also functions as a significant recoil reducer, allowing the user to maintain excellent target contact visibility. The added weight to the barrel also serves to improve the grouping due to changing barrel vibrations. The one thing that may catch your attention is that the sonic crack seems to be non-existent to the shooter or observers who are in a location behind the bullet as the precursor wave seems to mask the sound of the projectile in flight. The AWC ThunderTrap will outlive many barrels - it's a once and done purchase.
|OA Length||8.3 in (.204; .22-250; .223; .243; 6mm; 6.5mm; 6.8mm; 7mm; .30 caliber including .300 Win Mag)|
|Diameter||1 5/8 in|
|Construction Materials||304 Stainless Steel|
|Standard Mounting Systems||5/8x24|
|Standard Finish||Matte Black|
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.