Barrel with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling. Side ejection. Solid top receiver tapped for scope mount. Ambidextrous offset hammer spur. Deeply blued metal surfaces. Hammer block safety. American black walnut straight-grip stock with cut checkering. Ventilated recoil pad. MarShield finish. Swivel studs. Adjustable semi-buckhorn folding rear sight, ramp front sight with brass bead and wide-scan hood. Six shot capacity.
For top performance in those tough long range events, the model 1895 Cowboy is a must for cowboy action shooters. It's also an ideal big game rifle for hunters who appreciate the nostalgia of 19th century-style firearms. This Model 1895 Cowboy Action Shooter is chambered for 45/70 and features a 26" tapered octagon barrel with deep cut ballard type rifling, 9-shot tubular magazine, adjustable marble semi-buckhorn rear and marble carbine front sight. The American black walnut stock has a straight grip, a hard rubber butt plate and a blue steel forend cap. To accommodate tang sight installation, the serial number is located on the left side of the receiver.
- Category : Rifles
- Action : Lever
- Caliber : 45-70 Government
- Barrel Length : 26.0"
- Capacity : 9+1
- Trigger : Single-Stage
- Safety : Hammer
- OAL : 44.5"
- Weight : 8 lbs
- Stock Description : Walnut
- Metal Finish : Blued
Haven't bought a Marlin in a while with all the bad press about Remlins. Well this Marlin is flawless. Wood to metal is perfect. Action is smooth as silk. Better than my 80s Marlin 1895. I didn't give it a 5 because the bluing is not that old school Colt blue. And for the price you can't beat it. Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but if it shoots like it looks it's a keeper. Oldswatguy.
I have owned this gun for 3 years and have shot well over 1,200+ rounds out of it. So far no problems at all.Not even a jam.However I usually shoot it single shot since some of my handloads are seated too far out to properly function through the mag tube.For its price it is a steal. I put a limbsaver recoil pad on it and the recoil is reasonable even with 400 grains doing 1900+ fps.It is an accurate gun.I can shoot 5 shoot groups at or around 3 inches at 100 yards open sights.I have heard of people shooting 3 shot 1.5 inch groups @ 100 yards with a scoped version. Which makes it suitable to take ANY game in the world with the right bullet.Bullet trajectory past 150 yards is the only negative downside for this gun.
I purchased this rifle a few years back because it seemed like it would be a fun gun to shoot and I eventually would like to take it on a buffalo hunt. The gun itself looks great... the finish and the stock are very nice. The gun shoots great out of the box. I have no problem accurately hitting targets from 75-100 yards out. Their is a little bit of kick, but not too bad. I had a minor issue with the spring feed on the storage tube, but I called Marlin and had my gun sent in, repaired and returned within a week. All in all, this is a great gun and is manufactured and supported by a great company.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.