Winchester Model 70 Featherweight, 243 Win. Specifications Caliber: 243 Win. Action Type: Short Action Magazine Capacity: 5 Rounds Barrel Length: 22" Overall Length: 42.25" Length of Pull: 13.75" Drop at Comb: 0.50" Drop at Heel: 0..75" Weight: 6 lbs. 12 oz. Rate of Twist: 1 turn in 10" Metal Finish: Polished Bluing Wood Finish: Satin Finish Stock / Grip: Grade I Walnut
About the Winchester Model 70 The most respected bolt-action rifle in the world. The Model 70 remains the All-American rifleman’s rifle. It has always been a rifle for the ages, and today’s new Model 70 is the bolt-action rifle for the future. Experience for yourself the precision, accuracy and unparalleled performance this rifle has to offer.
Today's Model 70 has the all new M.O.A. Trigger System, improved fit and finish and enhanced accuracy to go along with its classic Pre-’64 controlled round feeding, Three-Position Safety and solid, sure handling. The M.O.A. Trigger helps the model 70 deliver the extreme accuracy benchmark 1" group at 100 yards. It’s what you deserve in your rifle.
Convenient to operate with the thumb of the firing hand, the Model 70 safety design lifts the firing pin away from the sear. When the safety selector is in the middle position, the action can still be operated, allowing unfired cartridges to be cycled with the safety on. It is smooth to engage and easily identifies the safety status of the rifle.
Zero Take Up
Take up is the distance the triggerpiece travels prior to the sear moving toward release and the shooter feeling resistance. The M.O.A. Trigger System has no take up because the take up spring keeps the triggerpiece in constant contact with the actuator. Unlike competitors’ designs, the unique geometry of the M.O.A. pre-loads the entire trigger system to bias-out normal manufacturing tolerances.
Creep is the perceptible movement of the trigger prior to the release of the firing pin or striker and has a negative influence on accuracy because it causes inconsistency and uncertainty during the pull of the trigger. This contributes to jerking the trigger, thus adding to the movement of the gun during firing. The 2:1 mechanical advantage created by the trigger design’s unique geometry is how creep has been virtually eliminated in the Model 70 M.O.A. Trigger.
Overtravel is the rearward movement of the trigger after the firing pin or striker has been released. It can actually jar the gun away from its intended point of aim and is also very distracting to the shooter. The Model 70 M.O.A. Trigger System is set at the factory to have no perceptible overtravel. Where you aim is where you shoot.
The All-American Winchester Model 70 is built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina. This is the same state-of-the-art factory where the rifles and machine guns used by America’s Armed Forces around the world are built. They are made to the exact ISO 9001 standard of quality that Uncle Sam insists upon for military firearms.
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight, 243 Win. Specifications
|Action Type:||Short Action|
|Magazine Capacity:||5 Rounds|
|Length of Pull:||13.75"|
|Drop at Comb:||0.50"|
|Drop at Heel:||0..75"|
|Weight:||6 lbs. 12 oz.|
|Rate of Twist:||1 turn in 10"|
|Metal Finish:||Polished Bluing|
|Wood Finish:||Satin Finish|
|Stock / Grip:||Grade I Walnut|
location of manufacture
My 22-250 featherlight I bought new last year says it was manufactured in Portugal on the barrel.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.