Model SPS Special Purpose Tactical .308 Winchester
20 Inch Heavy Contour Barrel Black Oxide Blasted Finish Black Synthetic Stock 4 Round
All black synthetic Hogue Overmold (soft touch) stock - wider forend. Dual Point Pillar bedding in the stock. All black oxide blasted finish with twenty inch heavy-contour tactical-style barrel. Laser engraved "Tactical" on barrel after caliber designation. X-Mark Pro trigger. Hinged floorplate magazine.
The Model 700 SPS puts legendary Model 700 accuracy and reliability within reach of most avid enthusiasts. It's a no-frills, tack-driving game-dropping machine built with everything you love about the Model 700, including a hammer-forged barrel, externally adjustable X-Mark Pro® trigger, SuperCell recoil pad and, of course, hair-splitting precision, straight out of the box. It features an ultra-rugged, ergonomically designed synthetic stock for superior weather resistance and handling.
The Model 700 SPS Tactical is a highly maneuverable member of the family, built for tack driving accuracy with a 20" heavy-contour tactical-style barrel and dual-point pillar bedding in its black synthetic stock. Hogue® overmoldings on the stock facilitate sure handling, and it has a semi-beavertail fore-end for added stability off a rest. Chambering includes 223 Remington and 308 Win.
20" heavy barrel X-Mark Pro Adjustable Trigger system Hogue overmolded stock Pillar bedded stock for accuracy Durable satin black oxide metal finish Hinged floorplate magazine
- Category : Tactical Rifles
- Action : Bolt
- Caliber : 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO
- Barrel Length : 20.0"
- Capacity : 4+1
- Trigger : X-Mark Pro
- Safety : Manual
- OAL : 39.63"
- Weight : 7.5 lbs
- Stock Description : Hogue Overmold
- Metal Finish : Black
I have been lusting after a .308 target/sniper rifle for the last 20 years. I did have the Ruger target model at one point, but I could never get it to shoot accurately, even after having the laminated stock glass bedded. Well, I finally got my wish and purchased this rifle. After getting my scope sighted in, I set up at 100 yards and shot a 5-shot group that measured 0.635" and cut one ragged hole. I was using HSM ammunition loaded with 168 grain Hornady A-Max bullets. The conditions weren't the best for this group - I was set up on a rickety folding table, the wind had just started blowing, and the heat mirage was terrible. So, needless to say, I am more than thrilled with the results that this rifle produced on its very first outing using factory ammunition with less than ideal conditions. The 20" barrel is short and rigid, ensuring better accuracy. If you're in the market for an extremely precise rifle that won't cost you thousands of dollars, definitely give this one a try. One note: I did upgrade to an H.S. Precision stock and I installed it the day I received the rifle, so I can't speak to the accuracy with the Hogue stock in which it comes.
...I opened the box at the range,put my 6x24 on it.6 shots zeroed.and sub MOA @ 100yards!!! Even at 200 yards. You just can go wrong with this in my opinion
Best shooting Rifle I've ever owned. Got it out of the box...slapped an old 3x9 on it and went to the range. Within minutes, I was hitting Golf Balls at 100 yards. A piece of 8x11 steel at 400 yards is no problem. Can't wait to put a 4x16 power scope on it!!! I'll be shooting at quadrants of that 8x11 steel!
Consistent .325"-.500" groups at 100yrds with 168gr SMKs. Great gun great price. Sub-moa in an affordable package. Remington is still the best!
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.