Designer Captain Sergei Mosin, Léon Nagant.
Manufacturer Tula, Izhevsk, Sestroryetsk, Manufacture Nationale d'Armes de Châtellerault, Remington, New England Westinghouse, many others
Number built approx 37,000,000 (Russia/Soviet Union)
Variants see Variants
Weight 4 kg (8.8 lb) (M91/30)
3.4 kg (7.5 lb) (M38)
4.1 kg (9.0 lb) (M44)
Length 1,232 mm (48.5 in) (M91/30)
1,013 mm (39.9 in) (carbines)
Barrel length 730 mm (29 in) (M91/30)
514 mm (20.2 in) (carbines)
7.62x53mmR (Finnish variants only)
7.92x57mm Mauser (Polish variants)
Muzzle velocity Light ball, ~ 865 m/s (2,838 ft/s) rifle
~ 800 m/s (2,625 ft/s) carbine.
Effective range 500 m (550 yards), 800+ m (with optics)
Feed system 5-round non-detachable magazine, loaded individually or with five-round stripper clips.
Sights Rear: ladder, graduated from 100 m to 2,000 m (M91/30) and from 100 m to 1,500 m (M38 and M44); Front: hooded fixed post (drift adjustable)
Received my Mosin sniper this afternoon. After a brief unpacking and inspection, I am pleased with what must have been one of the few remaining in stock. I got a 1938 tula stamped round receiver, with all numbers matching. The scope is electro penciled to also match the numbers. This is not an "original" scope, but mfg. in 2009 to the original specs of 1928. It has some minor usage wear/scratches, which adds to the flavor and will help it look "original" The stock is normal for this age rifle, with scratches and dings, but no major defects at all. Has a nice shine to it, no cosmoline found yet. The bolt is not perfect, but after I get it broke down and cleaned and polished, it will improve 100%. The bore is dark as was my other two, but when I work my magic with some JB bore compound and JB bore bright, that will also bring back some shine to this old girl. From my initial look, the optics are excellent, and the leather lens covers are also very good. Came with the advertised cleaning accessories, ammo pouches, sling, and oiler bottle. Also a nice looking bayonet. I am totally pleased with my purchase, and felt Impact did another great job getting this out to my FFL. I read and researched enough to know NOT to expect an original scope at this price. Another site has the same deal with original scopes, but you will pay $60.00 more. When all is cleaned up and mounted, I will try to give another review about the performance. I expect excellent results. These Mosins are like Timex and the dura-cell battery. They take a lick'n and keep on going!! Thanks again Impact for another great transaction. Jim
Let's start by saying the rifle is in very good condition with strong bore 1938 and all #'s match. That being said the "sniper"part of the rifle is home made don't know if PW Imports did it or if they were made second hand but it was a poor job in the creation of a sniper.I had to file down the scope mount bolts due to the fact they extended into the receiver and caused the bolt to stick there were also metal shavings behind the scope mount from lack of cleanning and a low sidewall..Due to the fact the rifle is a repoduction "2009 scope" I feel the price is a little high and Impact should list them as a repoduction.Happy shooting....
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.