Technical Specifications: Ships direct to you, no federal firearms dealer required Caliber: .44 Barrel Length: 18 Inches No. of Grooves: 7 Twist: Left Total Length: 35.3 Inches Weight: 4.4 lbs Cylinder: 6 Shot Grip: Walnut Finish: Frame- blued, Barrel- blued, Buttplate- brass, Trigger Guard- brass
I love these old caplock revolvers, they were one of my first loves in firearms. The Remington revolving carbine was one of my favorites of the category. However it was a love hate relationship. I bought mine cause I loved the way it felt when I held it and it was an interesting oddity as firearms go. I also liked that all the parts are interchangeable with my 1858 Remington new army including the cylinder. The accuracy was exceptional for a caplock and it's still my favorite squirrel gun though there aren't many squirrels where I'm living now. Sadly the weapon is "painful" to fire from the shoulder. Hot gasses and bits of powder escaping the cylinder gap has a tendency to burn the side of your face not pressed into the stock. It also like the New army has a tendency to gum up after 12 shots or so requiring you to remove the cylinder so you can clean and oil the cylinder pin. The internals don't have the same issue. I fire mine like a big pistol holding it out at arms length with my right hand and bracing the stock against my forearm with my left. I still think it's more stable than it's pistol counterpart and the accuracy is defiantly better than my pistol. I also really like the adjustable target sights it comes with they are large, simple, and work very well with the firearm. Cleaning is a real hassle but that goes for all caplocks. It's also easy to carry I just stick it into a cross draw holster placed at the small of my back. In the end if you like this class of firearm this is a nice addition to any collection. I plan to give mine a try on some prairie dogs or rabbits soon. I advise you look up some information about caplocks if you have never owned one since they have very different considerations than cartridge guns.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.