By the start of the Civil War, Colt had refined the Navy pistol into a completely new design with a streamlined barrel and an improved loading lever. Often touted as the most handsome revolver Colt ever built, over 38,000 .36 caliber 1861 Navys were built between 1861 and 1873.
Technical Specifications: Ships direct to you, no federal firearms dealer required Caliber: .36 Barrel Length: 7.5 Inches No. of Grooves: 7 Twist: Left Total Length: 13 Inches Weight: 2.6 lbs Cylinder: 6 Shot, Engraved Grip: One-piece Walnut Finish: Frame- case hardened, Barrel- blued, Backstrap- brass or blued, Trigger Guard- brass
The 1861 colts are by far the most streamlined and well balanced of the cap lock pistols you can find today. Often dubbed the "sexy dragoons" these pistols are defiantly pretty to look at. They also function just as well as there larger counterparts. I like the .36 (to put that in to perspective a .38 specials true caliber is .357) caliber cap locks, more lead per pound, less powder per shot. They also work just fine for smaller game if hunting is your first choice. Though even if it's small I might not go after anything that can fight back with the .36. Accuracy in the 1861 are the best I?ve found in the cap lock revolvers. Everyone I've ever shot was quite accurate even the brass frames. Unlike the Remington revolvers these pistols are front heavy without a doubt. This however helps hold the pistol level and makes the recoil less than apparent. Defiantly a good pick for target shooting or plinking. If you are buying a cap lock for the first time I would suggest getting more information since they have additional safety concerns than cartridge pistols.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.