Colt Announces the .380 Mustang (June 15, 2011) Colt announces the .380 Mustang - When Less Is More!
The Colt .380 Mustang is new and improved for better accuracy, tighter tolerances and enhanced durability. Colt Flyer:
November 8 : 2011
Colt Introduces .380 Mustang® Pocketlite Pistol
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. - Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC, celebrating its 175th anniversary this year, is proud to introduce a new and improved version of the classic Colt Mustang. The new Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite is small, lightweight and boasts enhanced durability, reliability and accuracy, making it an ideal handgun for personal protection.
The precise machining process, use of high quality materials and improvements in design make Colt's new .380 Mustang Pocketlite one of the most consistent and reliable firearms on the market. The aluminum alloy receiver, stainless steel slide and barrel are CNC machined from solid bar stock for precise tolerances. "Machining solid stock is certainly a more involved manufacturing process," said Joyce Rubino, Vice President of Marketing, Colt's Manufacturing Company, "But it is that process, combined with our engineering specifications, expertise and demand for perfection that allows Colt to deliver one of the highest quality products available to today's marketplace."
With a loaded magazine, this handgun weighs less than one pound. It measures 5.5 inches long and has a 2.75-inch barrel. The minimal weight and length of the gun, combined with the short single action trigger, grip design, frame design and firing pin safety block, make this firearm ideal for personal protection.
The magazine holds six rounds. Improvements in powder and bullet design have increased the velocity and terminal performance of .380 caliber ammunition, adding to the viability of the Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite for personal defense.
"Accuracy and reliability was a top priority as we looked at what improvements could be made to make this classic backup even better," said Rubino, "Though the changes may seem subtle to the untrained eye, every Colt employee takes great pride in knowing that their dedication has helped bring a vastly improved and enhanced firearm to market."
The new Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite descends from a famed line of pistols, including Colt's Government Model, and improves upon the best that each had to offer.
About Colt's Manufacturing Company, LLC
Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC is one of the world's leading designers, developers and manufacturers of firearms. Colt pistols, revolvers and rifles have been marketed, distributed and sold to law abiding, responsible citizens in the United States and throughout the world for 175 years. Colt operates its manufacturing facility in West Hartford, Connecticut.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 380 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP)
- Barrel Length : 2.8"
- Capacity : 6+1
- Safety : Firing Pin
- Grips : Black Polymer
- Sights : 3-Dot White
- Weight : 12.5 oz
- Frame Finish : Nickel
A great pistol. Functions perfectly. It's as small as a wallet in my back pocket. A great summer carry.
mine doesn't chamber, most of the time. If it does fire it will not cycle maybe 3 shots if your lucky, That is with round tipped bullet, will not chamber a hollow-point whatsoever. They are to short and hits the feed ramp almost straight and will not feed.
Ordered the Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380 from Impact Guns in late January. Two week later it came in, I could not be move pleased with it. Impact Guns had the best price on these guns that I could find.
I bought mine about three weeks ago - was also looking at the Sig P238 and decided on the Colt. Due to our recent wet weather here I have only had a couple of chances to shoot it - no problems at all with three different brands of 380 ammo - around 120 rds total. The gun just feels correct in my hand and I shoot good groups at 7 to 8 yards. The Colt 380 Mustang works well in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and will be my CWP choice for the time being.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.