fanatics, the wait is over! For the first time since 1989, the newly designed Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA is available in stores! The new A3 incorporates features that AUG aficionados have always wanted. Features like a long picatinny rail were added so that the optic of your choice can be mounted in addition to a smaller side rail for the newest lights and/or lasers. For the purists out there, you can still get the Austrian 1.5 power optic (as shown but sold separately for $799) that used to be integrated into the housing. On this model Steyr implemented a last round hold open feature with the bolt release on the side of the stock. There is also a forward assist in the charging handle.
|BARREL LENGTH IN INCHES||16.0000|
|CALIBER||.223 (5.56MM NATO)|
|METAL FINISH||BLACK-MATTE MANNOX|
|OTHER FEATURES:||INCLUDES ONE 30RD MAGAZINE USES STEYR AUG MAGAZINES, AR15 MAGS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE, UPPER PICATINNY RAIL, BULLPUP DESIGN|
|OVERALL LENGTH IN INCHES||28.0000|
|RATE OF TWIST||1:9"|
|STOCK FINISH||BLACK MATTE|
|WEIGHT IN POUNDS||7.5|
|NO SALE TO MARYLAND||NO SALE TO MARYLAND|
|NO SALE TO CALIFORNIA||NO SALE TO CALIFORNIA|
|NO SALE TO MASSACHUSETTS||NO SALE TO MA|
This gun is extremely accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I have not had any problems with it. I put in a Trigger Tamer to lighten the trigger a bit. The trigger break is very crisp and clean. The gun has some weight to it. The Aug feels heavy, but well balanced. The weight helps a lot with the accuracy and recoil, but if you are holding it up and shooting while standing, you will get tired after awhile. I would recommend the Aug a3 to anyone looking for a quality 5.56/.223 rifle. I think the cost is on par with other quality 5.56/.223 rifles.
What a great rifle. Compact, well balanced, reliable, accurate, and great to look at. There are copies but none I've seen are reliable. The design was way ahead of its time.
SinceI was a kid I had always wanted an Aug.When they became available I had to have one.I paida few bucks extra and got the real deal.People compare guns all the time and thats ridiculous.Dont decide between two,just decide which one you are buying first.They are too much fun.
Price hurts the star rating. Other than that it is a phenomenal weapon. The other reviewer stated that there are other similar platforms and the msar is comparable. The FN2000 does not count. Plus Fn discontinued the FN2000. Micro had some issues, before they had their machining repo'd. So that left Steyr all alone, until their U.S receiver maker Sabre defense got shut down by the gov and Steyr got back the machines. Hence the price jump. Steyr just "leaked" out that they are closing a deal with another U.S manufacturer
Undoubtedly this is a fine weapon. It really pioneered bullpup rifles, but I don't think that qualifies it to be a $2k rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong, and it's totally possible, but I think there are better prices for similar platforms available. In direct competition (ripoff) of the Steyr AUG is the MSAR STG E4, which I think does a few things better, such at ultra modular and removable barrel, ambi support etc... (I don't want to go too far because I'm not sure what features they incorporated or ripped off), but the price tag is lower, and the performance is the same.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.