- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 9mm
- Barrel Length : 4.0"
- Capacity : 17+1
- Safety : Ambidextrous
- Grips : Black Polymer
- Sights : Novak 3-Dot
- Weight : 30.2 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
So I get to shoot a lot of guns and I carry a Glock for my duty weapon. I wanted a lightweight high capacity pistol that was similar to my Glock in size capacity, barrel length, accuracy, but above all, dependability. I also sold my Taurus PT709 Slim to get this gun, and I own a Taurus PT92, so I am no stranger to Taurus. This pistol fits the bill in every way I needed it to, the only minor disappointment is the trigger reset is extremely long, but again, I'm comparing it to a Glock, which is very short. I think the comfort of shooting is better than the Glock and I do like the 3 back-strap choice that comes with the gun. So far it is extremely accurate out of the box, fit and finish is excellent and dependability has been 100%, the other thing I really like about this Taurus over others is, there are magazines available. I could never find extra's for the Slim, and as of this morning, the price of this 809b, with the 4" barrel is under $300 so check it out and order on up if a full size pistol is on your list of things to get this year. I'll drop this in the Taurus Forum too. Enjoy!
This is my favorite 9mm auto on the market right now. Glock' s are overpriced, hold 2 less rounds, and in my opinion have too much recoil. This pistol is in every way the equal of a S&W M&P 9mm at significant savings. Can't recommend this pistol highly enough. I'm ordering a second for my wife as I write this! Bottom Line: Buy it. Hell!... buy two!
I've owned mine for 3 years and it still shoots great. I have not had any missfire and i have put a wide variety of ammo brands, it's not ammo picky, it will take anything. just stay away from steel casing
I have had my PT809 for a couple of months now and have had it to the range 3 times. It handles and fires flawlessly. I fired CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 124 grain and 115 grain as well as Blazer Alum. 124 grain. No misfires. I would compare this handgun with any large handgun made.
Great gun ... fires easily, smooth action and little recoil. Love mine ... it came with plastic gun box, 2nd mag, 3 grip inserts (small,best for me) & loader. I got it elsewhere, sorry. Good price too ... being discontinued -- probably people don't change the grip size, is too big if left as it comes.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase and offer the following simple return policies for your benefit.
Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, our return policy does not apply to the following items:
- firearms (including any serialized items ex. lower receivers)
- black-powder guns
Also, if a firearm is not picked up from the destination dealer, the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges and a 6% restocking fee.
Firearms Lifetime Guarantee: Impact Guns offers a lifetime guarantee of firearms. We guarantee to replace or repair any defective firearm for the life of the original purchaser. For details, see our Lifetime Warranty Policy.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item, but may take longer depending on availability.
What about damaged/incorrect items (not including non-returnable items listed above)?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.