The P229® was the first pistol to be manufactured in Exeter, New Hampshire. Available in 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG, the P229R is one of the most popular SIG SAUER® pistols and carried by thousands of law enforcement professionals throughout the country. The compact size of the P229R makes it ideal for concealed carry.
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single/Double
- Caliber : 40 Smith & Wesson (S&W)
- Barrel Length : 3.9"
- Capacity : 12+1
- Safety : Manual
- Grips : Black Polymer
- Sights : Night
- Weight : 32 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
Having put about 7,000 rounds through my P229 now, I am very pleased with it's performance. Still haven't had even one stove pipe or fail to eject but I also don't use junk ammo or non-Sig magazines. It works flawless. The only modification I have made was to change out the slide rod to stainless, more for visual appeal as I purchased the two-tone version. The Sig P229 is a solid and reliable pistol for concealed carry and works well with the Galco Sto-n-Go IWB holster.
This is by far the finest handgun I have ever owned. The craftsmanship is beyond anything else out there. Sure you could get a nice gun for a cheaper price but you get what you pay for. The more you shoot your Sig the better it shoots. It's heavier then the plastic guns but its better balanced and it absorbs recoil far better. This is a wonderful weapon that I would never have to worry about.
I bought my 229 a few months ago as my first firearm. It has been wonderful and it may have spoiled me some if I end up buying any cheaper guns later. It has shot everything I have put into it. I have since rented guns from the range from other manufactuers and can not say I have been impressed. It seems like I had a lot of rounds fail to eject which was new to me. I would definately buy another one!
I decided after much research to buy the sig 229 as my first gun. I wondered if I was making the right decision since there were many guns from other well known manufactuers I could get much cheaper. The final point for me was finding out that this is what the United States Postal Inspection Service issues as the standard firearm. Since I am planning on trying to get on with them I decided to buy it. All I can say is I have not been dissapointed one bit! It has fed all the types of ammo I have used with not one issue. I have since buying this, rented guns by the other two manufactuers I was considering and all I can say is I made the right choice. These guns failed to eject rounds and didn't feel as solid or well made. I can't wait to buy more products from Sig.
The Sig P229R is one of the finest handguns I have ever owned. The way it fits in my hand is just incredible. It's as if Sig Sauer custom made the P229R for me alone. As of today, I have yet to get to the range to fire it, but from what I have read of other reviews and videos I have watched on YouTube, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The construction of the gun is solid and will probably last me a lifetime. I can't wait for the P290 to be released.
If you're looking for a good CCW pistol that you know will get the job done and has been made well, the Sig 229 is NOT a bad choice at all. I've shot this plenty, and while I don't own the one I shoot myself, I've shot it and handled it plenty of times, and by plenty of times, I mean once a week for the past year and a half or so. The .40 round makes sure you definitely have enough power to drop what you're shooting at, and even though it's a small package, it still holds 12 rounds. Very reliable, and for safe use, they have the decocking lever right under the slide stop. Feels good in the hand to shoot, and easy to strip and maintain. Good choice.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.