The Remington Model 1911 R1 Commander is manufactured with pride and precision, to the exacting standards you’ve come to expect from Remington. Right here in Ilion, New York.
Carbon Steel Frame And Slide With Satin Black Oxide Finish 41⁄4” Stainless Steel Barrel And Bushing Dovetailed Three-dot Sight System, Adjustable Rear Sight Double Diamond Walnut Grips Two 7-Round Magazines
- Category : Pistols
- Type : Pistol
- Action : Single
- Caliber : 45 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP)
- Barrel Length : 4.3"
- Capacity : 7+1
- Safety : Grip
- Grips : Walnut
- Sights : 3-Dot Adjustable Rear
- Weight : 38.5 oz
- Frame Finish : Black
After having the Remington 1911 R1 Commander for a couple months I'm pleased with how it looks, feels and shoots. I already had a full size R1 and love the way the standard R1 comes right out of the box, it's almost perfect. The same goes for the Commander size, the only real difference is its 4.25" barrel vs. the Government Model's full length 5" barrel. I like a basic 1911A1 (and don't suffer from hammer bite with either R1 so don't need a beavertail grip safety). At first it seemed strange but I now love Remington's unusual combination of the short A1 trigger and the pre-A1 flat mainspring housing (and even switched to a flat MSH in my 1976 Colt 1911A1 which came with the arched MSH and short trigger - took me 39 years to figure that out!) The WWI style double diamond walnut grips are a plus, they look and feel great - a solid grip but not too sharp. High visibility 3-dot sights, a "match" barrel, and a tight barrel bushing give you under 3" at 25 yards. With younger eyes I could do that with my old Colt Series '70 but now appreciate improved sights over small GI sights. And there's just something about classic Remington 1911s, they just feel better in my hands than other brands. The shorter R1 Commander balances better for me than the full length R1 but both are very comfortable and shootable. It would be hard to find a better classic 1911 for the price. There is a $75 mail in rebate but it expires 7/31.
Estimated shipping times are posted on the product information page under the title "Ships On Or Before:" please note that all lead-times are estimates. For items in our warehouse, we usually ship within 3 business days. For items only available at distribution or other sources, the ship time may be up to 10 business days. For items only available at the manufacturer, the lead-time may be a few weeks or longer-- depending on availability.
Please also note that some items are unique, hard to obtain, or one-of-a-kind, so Impact reserves the right to cancel your order should an item not be available to ship.
We will not charge your credit card until your product ships, except for certain special orders.
We normally will ship FedEx and US POSTAL. If you need faster shipment, we can ship 2nd Day or Next Day for an extra charge.
Alaska and Hawaii residents - your order MUST ship 2nd day or faster. Most orders over $100 value will ship with a signature-required to ensure they make it to you. Products that have free shipping only applies to the lower 48 states.
NOTE: We make every effort to get your order shipped as fast as possible. In some circumstances, especially during sales and after weekends, we may not get your order shipped in the time specified. Please rest assured that we will ship your item as soon as we can.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase from Impact Guns, therefore we offer no hassle returns.
How do I start the return process?
- Log in to your www.impactguns.com account and locate and click on the "Request Return" link.
- An Impact Guns agent will review your request for a return and respond within two business days.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund being issued.
- All products need to be in new and original manufacturer condition.
- As an alternate method, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your original order number and relevant contact information.
When will I get my credit or return?
- Most returns are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process the return. It may take longer for the credit to appear in your account depending on your bank. Most items that are in stock ship within 3-5 days after receipt of your returned item but may take longer depending on availability.
- Returns must be charged back to the original credit card used in the purchase. If this is not possible, we will refund you via check.
What about damaged/incorrect items?
- If you received a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, Impact Guns will ship you a replacement of the exact item upon receipt of the damaged or defective item. Impact Guns will send you a return shipping label for the return.
What about return shipping costs?
- If an Impact Guns error causes the need to return an item or we are replacing a returned defective or incorrect item, then we will pay the associated shipping costs.
- Otherwise, the customer is responsible for any return shipping costs. When returning an item, please add package tracking and adequate insurance.